Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
ANOTHER ? newbie

PEARL
New User

Oct 26, 2005, 2:18 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2149 views)
Shortcut
ANOTHER ? newbie Can't Post

sorry about all the ? im just starting in the HD stuff and would like some more understandings:

ok got antenna hooked up in attic from Radio Shack, i got some channels clear and some not clear. i am going to return the antenna for an outdoor one, now im running this striaght to tv without HD box, of course i dont have HD but just wanted to test antenna, now will the HD box get some of these stations in better, what im trying to say is should i wait for the HD box before i play around with the antenna? does the HD box act as a booster of some sort bringing in better reception if i leave antenna as is right now??

thanks hope you understand what im saying

TANK1
Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2005, 2:01 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PEARL] ANOTHER ? newbie [In reply to] Can't Post

Without the HD box your antenna would be recieving the old analog signal from the stations.The digital/hd signal should be as strong as the analog signal.If you are just testing for ability of the antenna's range,you try it without the hd box.

With the HD box you will be getting the digital signal from stations.

With the digital/hd signal you either get the signal or you don't.There is no snowy,faded picture like with the old analog signals.

PEARL
New User

Oct 26, 2005, 2:59 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] ANOTHER ? newbie [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the reply i wasnt sure, so i i can hook up the antenna to get best picture right now and then i should be ok to just plug in HD box, i got an antenna yesterday and put it in attic got only a couple perfect, the others that are about 30 miles away came in ok i will return this and have to go with an outside one, so ill just adjust to best pitcure before i get my box hope this helps

thanks

videobruce
New User

Jan 1, 2006, 6:15 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PEARL] ANOTHER ? newbie [In reply to] Can't Post

First off, where are you?
Second, visit here and get your lat. & long;
http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/gazetteer

then visit here to see what's available to you;
http://www.2150.com/broadcast/default.asp

When not in use, turn off the juice !

(This post was edited by videobruce on Jan 1, 2006, 6:17 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)