Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Completely new to television, just a few questions.

crambosho
New User

May 5, 2008, 4:47 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2430 views)
Shortcut
Completely new to television, just a few questions. Can't Post

Hi,

I have recently decided to upgrade my television from a long, long time ago.

Here is my current
http://www.amazon.com/SONY-KV-20FS100-Trinitron-Color-TV/dp/B000067G0O

and this is what is in my shopping cart
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8749465&type=product&id=1202649424827

I just need to know, is this buy going to make significant changes in my viewing pleasure? Enough for me to drop $1,200 on?

I mainly watch cable and play on my Xbox360 as well as my PS3.

Second question: My current Xbox360 is of the older generation and does not have an hdmi port. I wanted to squeeze out the best overall picture quality as I possibly can, so I've been comparing composite and VGA.

I've done research the VGA does not support 1080i, but some are saying 720p images come out better anyways.

What do you guys think I should do? Should I go directly for the VGA cord or will the composite video from the 360 be sufficient in quality?

TANK1
Enthusiast

May 5, 2008, 1:59 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crambosho] Completely new to television, just a few questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless you are buying this set to watch HD cable channels only, because the other non-HD cable channels are going to look bad-lousy-to unwatchable. You are taking non Hd channels and expanding the picture from your small set a bigger screen. That will show you all the problems from non HD cable channels.
If anyone you know has the same company and a HD set ,visit them and see what the non- HD channels look like. Remember every set handles the channels differently, but it will give you a good idea about the picture quailty.

Then you can decide if it is worth it to you to spend the money.

Sorry can't help with the game information.

Youalreadykno77
New User

May 22, 2008, 4:42 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crambosho] Completely new to television, just a few questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

www.dynamik-solutionz.com

buy_television
New User

Jan 19, 2011, 2:17 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1915 views)
Shortcut

Yes, but only if you have your HD channels on, otherwise without the HD the channels will look nearly identical your old television...

The same goes for your games as well. You'll notice a small difference if you dont have a HDMI cable (composite is ok, but go with HDMI) hooked up. You'll be wowed like I was when I first seen HD :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

buy television at Plasma God. We have the best led tvs and cheap plasma television online. We beat the competition 90% of the time in cost!

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 19, 2011, 5:14 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1901 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buy_television] Completely new to television, just a few questions. [In reply to] Can't Post

How many persons looking for a vehicle back in May of 2008 are still undecided and riding the bus, taking cabs, etc.Crazy

-------------------------

Marcelus
New User

Mar 14, 2011, 4:05 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1874 views)
Shortcut

verify if he is digital! if it isn't , use it like you never wanted to make changes for quality.
http://www.cheapsamsungled.com/

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)