Digital Channel Mapping & HDTV Dubbing

KyleFx
New User

Nov 5, 2008, 12:32 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1172 views)
Shortcut
Digital Channel Mapping & HDTV Dubbing Can't Post

Hi Everyone,

I have two questions I was hoping someone here would know the answer to.

1. We have two TVs with digital tuners, and Comcast cable service. I've realized that channels map differently on the two TVs. What I mean is that digital channel 100-X on one TV is digital channel 100-Y on the other TV. Is that the way it is supposed to work? It seems like they keep the base channel the same, but sub channels follow different numbering schemes on the two TVs. It's just driving me crazy because when I move from one TV to the other, I have to try to find the channel I was watching again, since the numbers don't match. Very annoying! Tongue Is this normal? Do digitally tuned TV's number sub-channels differently?

2) I've also noticed that when watching HDTV the dubbing is off. Voices don't match up with mouth movements. This also makes me crazy. LOL I've heard a couple other people say they have the same problem. So what is causing the issue? Is it something the cable company is doing, or is it something the TV is doing? Is something wrong with the TV? I'm hoping it's not some un-resolvable issue that everyone plans on just dealing with. Crazy

Thank you all for your help. Smile

-Kyle

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 5, 2008, 2:05 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KyleFx] Digital Channel Mapping & HDTV Dubbing [In reply to] Can't Post

kyle, your 1st question Perhaps both of your TVs made of different brand. other than that, get used to it. Your 2nd question, It happens to me when watching dubbed Ophrah show but didn't last long. or Shouldn't stay forever. Or else have your cable company to replace your media receiver.

denonjapan
made in japan

Zealotdvd
New User

Nov 14, 2008, 10:44 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Digital Channel Mapping & HDTV Dubbing [In reply to] Can't Post

you are great....

Star Trek Voyager, Queer as Folk, Disney DVD!!!!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)