Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
DishNetwork 942 - Digital Sound Problem

chuckdfoster
New User

Jan 4, 2006, 11:11 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1762 views)
Shortcut
DishNetwork 942 - Digital Sound Problem Can't Post

When I turn off my TV and turn it back on, the sound from my 942 doesn't work from my HDMI cable. I am having the same problem with the digital audio cord and my reciever. When I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in, I get sound. The same happens with my digital audio cord. I have unplugged my digital audio cord thinking that it can't produce both at the same time, but that doesn't help. I also have tried a different HDMI cable. Does anyone know a setting or something to fix this problem?

Thanks, Chuck Foster

TANK1
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2006, 11:39 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuckdfoster] DishNetwork 942 - Digital Sound Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a Directv guy,but you can try over here. www.dbstalk.com

They are mostly Dish guys over there

chuckdfoster
New User

Jan 5, 2006, 3:18 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] DishNetwork 942 - Digital Sound Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks! They already had the answer to my problem (if it works). I appreciate the referral.

chuckdfoster
New User

Jan 6, 2006, 2:25 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuckdfoster] DishNetwork 942 - Digital Sound Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

For anyone else with the same problem... Switching to an HD channel and then a Digital channel or the other way around works. The only problem is that if you are recording something, you don't wanna change the channel. Guess the other way around it is to run an extra set of RCA cables, even though they aren't needed with the HDMI cable.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)