Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Email Sent to DirectTV - STOP RIPPING ME OFF

bbhair
New User

Aug 23, 2007, 9:01 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Email Sent to DirectTV - STOP RIPPING ME OFF Can't Post

I just called directTV and was told I have to pay an additional $50 for a new dish in order to be able to view the new HD channels coming out in Sept for the HD service that I am already paying monthly for? I get 7 HD channels now and have been paying monthly for HD service for sometime now waiting for more channels which I should just when available if not what the f*** is the monthly fee for? Monthly fee or onetime fee for new equipment not both that is a ripoff. DirectTV is so corrupt and ripping us off just to have the latest TV technology. I just have to write that I think that your business model is so wrong and you are taking advantage of customers. We pay monthly for your service and if you change the equipment you need to pay for that or stop the monthly charge that is crap. Don't you make enough off us already for what others charege much cheaper with pay per view, movies, basic, etc... DirectTV is a corrupt company and if it wasn't for your deal with the NFL I would drop directTV in a heartbeat. I am very disappointed and unhappy with your service and will do my best to warn others to stay away in my network and will begin a online campaing to spread the word. Don't think for a minute that it won't make an impact as you don't know the power of our social networks now with blogs, forums, etc... Stop ripping us off and take the hit for the new equipment. Either put the cost into the monthly fee or charge us for the equipment with no monthly fee. Both is a ripoff. STOP RIPPING ME OFF.

TANK1
Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2007, 7:20 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbhair] Email Sent to DirectTV - STOP RIPPING ME OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

Reading by the tone of your statment , I can understand why D* didn't want to offer you any deal.

But for anyone that needs to update to the new 5 lnb sat, when you call D* - if you are a sub in good standing ( pay your bills on time etc ) they will use the movers program to set up free installation of the new 5 lnb.But you need to have new MPEG4 receiver or dvr to get the upgrade. You can buy ( really a lease ) the receiver yourself ( from Best buy etc ) or D* will lease it to you and have the installer hook it up.

I do not work for D*, but I have been a sub for over 10 years.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 27, 2007, 5:14 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbhair] Email Sent to DirectTV - STOP RIPPING ME OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

bbhair, DIRECT TV is a company run with million of staffs and field workers. They have to come up of the budget to pay their employees to continue your service and viewing addicts. You have choices: buy your own movies or rent them. Having to solicit campaign against your root of pleasure will be you and rest to suffer. I heard COMCAST exibits same complaints not that the company is fully aware the changes of broadcasting cost. Costumers must weigh your options. It's YOU who benefits after all.

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)