Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Gaming TV Help

kevek1124
New User

Sep 11, 2010, 11:59 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1217 views)
Shortcut
Gaming TV Help Can't Post

I'm looking for a solid console gaming (for an Xbox 360 & perhaps later a PS3) TV between 20-30 inches, price maximizing at $400 (if I get a $400 TV, I want it to be a good & new one). This is a personal TV i'll be putting in the bedroom of my apartment, so I really don't need anything much larger than that. I've done a little research myself, and I think I'm going to go with an LCD TV (namely because Plasmas aren't made that small and LEDs are too expensive, although higher quality, I really don't have that much money to spend at the moment). Also, with the size I'm going for, the resolution isn't as important as if I was buying a larger TV.

Again, that's all my research, so let me know if I'm wrong on any of those ends. Anyone have any advice on what I should buy? Should I wait til I have a little more spending money and get a smaller LED-LCD TV?

I've also heard it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a monitor that size; my only issue with that is I may want to watch cable television, and while I'm sure I could figure out a way to make capable to watch TV, I'd rather not go through the extra hassle, but price is an issue so that may be what I wind up doing.

Any advice is welcome & thanks in advance.

JohnRocks
User

Sep 20, 2010, 12:10 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kevek1124] Gaming TV Help [In reply to] Can't Post

I personally think that a monitor is the best route for competitive gaming. TVs tend to have much more lag. When you get a monitor though you need to get the xbox vga cables which you can get at bestbuy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rackmount LCD Monitor
USB KVM

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)