Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
HDMI input on TV help??

achebee4you
New User

Jun 28, 2007, 3:50 AM

Post #1 of 7 (7950 views)
Shortcut
HDMI input on TV help?? Can't Post

Well I've had my Panasonic Tau ct-30wc15 for about 1.5 yrs i got it in nov 05 along with a toshiba hdmi dvd player and a belkin hdmi cable. Well after 1.5 yrs of watching up converted movies it just stop working. When the hdmi cable was pluggef into the back of the tv it was pressed up against the wall i have a feeling over the past 18months that cable being pressed up against the wall and the hdmi input on the tv broke the only hdmi input on my tv. At first i thought it was the hdmi calbe to i borrowed a new belkin cable and it still didn't work. about a few months ago i was having issues with the pic while watching movies. E.G it when upcoverted the pic would not convert and remain hazy lke it wa stuggling so then with a little adjustment/play of the cable the picture came up. My warranty is up and that is my only hdmi input. What are my options now? And if ppl think it may be the dvd player i hooked up the new hdmi cable to the hd cable box again with no picture. Another thing the hdmi cable does't fit snug inside the the hdmi input on the tv it waggles a little maybe 1mm of play. Could it be the input is shot or that the cable is not fully making contact the with data strips on the input. any suggestion on what this will cost to repair? or am i screwed?

thanks

Tim

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 28, 2007, 4:50 AM

Post #2 of 7 (7944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [achebee4you] HDMI input on TV help?? [In reply to] Can't Post

The data strips has already broken off inside the tv input. if the component input of the tv is no alternative to your viewing pleasure then You will have to replace the entire video board. This is not an issue or cost of repair in the HDMI area, cause I don't think you would be please to hear how much it would cost especially the labor. Especially if you decide to have it done thru PANASONIC repair centers, They will not focus in the broken HDMI but to replace the whole video input board. My estimate is no more than $500.00 Parts and labor.

denonjapan
made in japan

achebee4you
New User

Jun 28, 2007, 12:51 PM

Post #3 of 7 (7941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] HDMI input on TV help?? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The data strips has already broken off inside the tv input. if the component input of the tv is no alternative to your viewing pleasure then You will have to replace the entire video board. This is not an issue or cost of repair in the HDMI area, cause I don't think you would be please to hear how much it would cost especially the labor. Especially if you decide to have it done thru PANASONIC repair centers, They will not focus in the broken HDMI but to replace the whole video input board. My estimate is no more than $500.00 Parts and labor.

denonjapan
made in japan

ouch! $500 bones i paid only 600 for that set on 2005, wow back then i thought i got a good deal. too bad i didn't buy that extended warranty I think hdmi was so new then that the technology hasn't been perfected that what i get for being impatient. i really hope it won't cost that much to fix, but in the mean time i have 2 compnent inputs on the tv. One which is connected to the HD cable box and i can still get 1080i hd but what now with my upconvert dvd player? Do they make some type of (hdmi to component) cable? i still want to able to watch dvds that have been upcoverted to 1080i, or am i SOL without the hdmi input on the tv. This sucks why couldn't i have bought a tv with more than one hdmi input.

(This post was edited by achebee4you on Jun 28, 2007, 12:53 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 29, 2007, 4:16 AM

Post #4 of 7 (7929 views)
Shortcut

We're talking an accessory that warranty isn't cover, common in tv repair. This case isn't covered by any type of warranty unless occur during it's period. if you believe such upconverted dvd player, It shouldn't matter whether you connect to the component output was it not?. It's upconversion dvd player!... I personally do not consider slight deviation is way better from the other, other than portability. HDMI is all there is....

Your question: Do they make some type of (hdmi to component) cable? > Even if there is, In what good purpose using conversion cable (HDMI TO COMPONENT) will do any better if the player is already upconverted dvd player? know what I'm saying?.. The answer is NO. Also, HDMI carries sound and video. Component is stand alone video.

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Jun 29, 2007, 4:20 AM)

andre77
New User

Jan 20, 2011, 3:03 AM

Post #5 of 7 (6280 views)
Shortcut

Is it a LCD or Plasma? If its a plasma television than it was probably doomed from the start because plasma televisions built around 2005. Have a short lifespan of about 18 months
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking to Buy TV like 3d tvs? Than visit Plasma God now for the best lcd tv. We beat the competition 9/10 times!

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 20, 2011, 3:32 AM

Post #6 of 7 (6260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andre77] HDMI input on TV help?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Even more timely!Crazy

-------------------------

Marcelus
New User

Mar 14, 2011, 4:02 PM

Post #7 of 7 (6126 views)
Shortcut

You're not screwed! The Tv Is!
http://www.cheapsamsungled.com/

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)