HDTV color problem

Alidacosta
New User

Dec 29, 2008, 9:19 PM

Post #1 of 7 (3479 views)
Shortcut
HDTV color problem Can't Post

Hello Everyone,
I apologize if this has been posted before but I have been reading some of the past posts and just cant be sure if this is the same problem i'm having.
So, here is my issue; I have a 6 years old Phillips HDTV Model # 46PP93 0217 Chassis #DPTV33 0
Well first the colors started to get too red and as time went by got worst. Now the is some type of double image and rainbow shape type of thing in every thing written on the screen. I tried to post a pic of the screen but it would let me or i just don't know how to do it. PLEASE ANY HELP ON WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AND HOW WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

techman540
User

Jan 1, 2009, 6:10 AM

Post #2 of 7 (3466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Alidacosta] HDTV color problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally I think you need to replace your TV. It is going to be a costly fix and pry not worth the cost of the TV.

Motosat dealer
RV Internet

Alidacosta
New User

Jan 1, 2009, 12:01 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techman540] HDTV color problem [In reply to] Can't Post

No desrespect techman540, I appreciate you help but that really dont answer me quite right... Costly...?just how costly is costly? thats pry more helpful to know. and why? what whould i need to repair/replace? thats the help I need friend.
thank you

techchris
Veteran

Jan 1, 2009, 1:21 PM

Post #4 of 7 (3460 views)
Shortcut

you probably need to replace the convergence ic's for the double vision problem . The colour fault maybe tube failing which is very expensive as it is usually best to replace all three on a projection tv to maintain colour balance. on a six year old tv this would be far more than the tv is worth

techman540
User

Jan 2, 2009, 1:22 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3453 views)
Shortcut

Alidacosta,

I do apologize I should of went into more detail with my response. Thank you techchris for clearing this up for me. I could not agree with what you said more.

Motosat dealer
RV Internet

Alidacosta
New User

Jan 2, 2009, 5:00 AM

Post #6 of 7 (3451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techman540] HDTV color problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Guys. I just hate to let her go...Oh well

techman540
User

Jan 2, 2009, 5:35 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3450 views)
Shortcut

I know what you mean! Sometimes it is just in the best interest though. Good Luck on finding something new!

Motosat dealer
RV Internet

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)