Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
HD Hookup

sunbum
New User

Sep 20, 2005, 6:04 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3926 views)
Shortcut
HD Hookup Can't Post

My cable company is Comcast and I already have a HD Receiver from them hooked up to my TV in the Living room, I would like to get HD in my bedroom TV which is also HDTV, do I have to get another HD Receiver from Comcast and pay the extra monthly fee, or is there some type of splitter that I can use? What about those wireless cable transmitters? Does anybody know??

comcast.tech
New User

Oct 4, 2005, 12:51 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sunbum] HD Hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have to not recommend "splitting" the signal from your HD out. I work for comcast and "having to pay for an extra box" is a small price to pay when you consider that you probably didn't spent less than $1000 just to get the dang T.V. The extra box is only $5 more a month and in a year it still only comes to $60 which is about what you'll spend making it half way to the other T.V. with LONG LONG LONG HD cables. Do not use a cable transmitter, and it wouldn't matter anyway because Comcast broadcasts it's HD channels on a digital compression so your T.V. "probably" won't be able to sort all of them out. I have heard of some Samsung and Sony sorting out 1 and 1 only but nothing more. If I was you I'd just get the extra box and not complain about the lunch money.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 4, 2005, 6:06 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sunbum] HD Hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

You can use the splitter but I suggest you to BUY! another HD receiver instead of renting. That's not wise! besides COMCAST service .................opps Never mind!.

denonjapan

made in japan

comcast.tech
New User

Oct 7, 2005, 3:47 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] HD Hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
You can use the splitter but I suggest you to BUY! another HD receiver instead of renting. That's not wise! besides COMCAST service .................opps Never mind!.

denonjapan

made in japan

Good luck getting ANY MAJOR CABLE COMPANY to let you use a personally purchase cable box, and besides, who is the biggest cable provider in the nation...............opps, Comcast! You don't get to the top by doing nothing.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 7, 2005, 4:58 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [comcast.tech] HD Hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

have you forgotten? "anything that goes up! MUST COME DOWN"..Wink.

COMCAST reputation is visible all over the world. Not because of the COMPANY itself buy MAINLY it's EMPLOYEES.

Wonder what you think of Next?Sly

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)