Help pleas with my new TV and blue ray player

noosa
New User

Dec 17, 2009, 12:20 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2356 views)
Shortcut
Help pleas with my new TV and blue ray player Can't Post

Hello I hope someone can help.
We took delivery of a Panasonic TV and Blue Ray player today, I went out and purchased a blue ray film (public enimies), I conected the blue ray player to the TV using a HDMI cable, but when playing the movie there seems to be a distortion on the picture, its really hard to explain but its like a green ghostly shadow that flashes up in the picture very quickly. Or it could be described smilar to colour spectrum?.
thanks guys
Noosa

Seinfelddvd
User

Dec 17, 2009, 3:57 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noosa] Help pleas with my new TV and blue ray player [In reply to] Can't Post

The Dead Zone Seasons 1-4 DVD Boxset
boxsetseries

johnq22
New User

Dec 17, 2009, 8:37 AM

Post #3 of 9 (2350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noosa] Help pleas with my new TV and blue ray player [In reply to] Can't Post

It could possibly be a defect in the hdmi cable or the blu ray player. Make sure the hdmi cable has a gold metal tip not silver. If it is silver take it back and explain the situation and recommend a gold tip. If its the blu ray player return it and get a ps3...they are cheaper then most blu ray players plus you can play awesome games on them ;)
LCD TV Buying Guide|Samsung LN55B650

techchris
Veteran

Dec 17, 2009, 10:56 AM

Post #4 of 9 (2347 views)
Shortcut

best bet is to try the player on a friends HDTV first to determine if is the tv or the player causing the problem. Don't waste money on expensive cables like monster they give the same results as cheap cables from amazon unless you have over 100 yards of lead between the tv and the player.

32HDTV
New User

Jan 11, 2010, 11:45 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Help pleas with my new TV and blue ray player [In reply to] Can't Post

Silver or gold tipped HDMI cable will make no difference at all. As the previous poster mentioned - it is a known fact that HD is HD and whether your cable cost £1 or £100 the signal quality is no different. Do not be conned by expensive HDMI cables.

For more useful HDTV info and details of the best 32 hdtv deals available at the moment visit: http://www.squidoo.com/best-32-hdtv

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 29, 2010, 5:27 AM

Post #6 of 9 (2295 views)
Shortcut

You connected them both and expect these two units are simply plug and play like the old vcr?....Make sure both with their corresponding menu sets to the native resolution, progressive on the player thru hdmi port.

denonjapan
made in japan

mundakudi
New User

Feb 8, 2010, 2:38 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Help pleas with my new TV and blue ray player [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wondering is that possible to view HD quality video by using a standard DVD player, I have a Samsung HD ready TV but my DVD player is a normal one. If I play an DVD movie will it be a HD quality of other?
========== Munda Kudi ===========
Help Humanity - Love Humanity and Live for Humanity
VoIP - Best Web Hosting - Compare Web Hosting

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 8, 2010, 5:21 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mundakudi] Help pleas with my new TV and blue ray player [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to hear that you're still alive and kicking.

You believed the ads about turning your black and white TV into a color TV too.Wink

NO!

-------------------------

1221oiwfiofw666
New User

Feb 20, 2010, 2:19 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Help pleas with my new TV and blue ray player [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.dvdmsn.com/...d-box-SET-p-592.html
http://www.dvdmsn.com/...5-box-set-p-527.html
http://www.dvdmsn.com/...d-box-set-p-594.html

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)