Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
How to get Netflix

jmackey
New User

Nov 8, 2012, 1:15 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2249 views)
Shortcut
How to get Netflix Can't Post

I bought a 32" Samsung and have DirecTV HD receiver. I want to also get Netflix which I can't thru Direct, but can I use something like Roku, etc? or will I be restricted with receiver.

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 18, 2012, 5:27 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jmackey] How to get Netflix [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW!..The bitch is back..lmao...Since your options depends on input of you television...Yes u can! Roku, Sony, or current bd players equipped with netflix features etc, Samsung bd players are your best option...Theres no intervention with your hd receiver..In order to get netflix is to register on line, free for the 1st month, $8.00/month thereafter, Netflix relies on internet connection to the bd player or Roku..Now listen! be aware that any internet speed lower than 1.5 mbps can limit ur movie streamings. So be very make sure you get atleast the best possible internet connection available in your area...

denonjapan
made in japan

jmackey
New User

Dec 18, 2012, 7:08 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] How to get Netflix [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks, I had Netflix for around 5 years or so on my Direct SD and TiVo tuner but changed to HD when my CRT finally gave up. Usually I would get dvds and some streaming, and had a look at Direct's movies of which the free movies are mixed in with the pay... takes forever to find a movie I wanted.

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 19, 2012, 4:21 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jmackey] How to get Netflix [In reply to] Can't Post

you posted your concern on nov.8 2012..( how could that be possible you had netflix 5 years ago?
denonjapan..

jmackey
New User

Dec 19, 2012, 4:38 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] How to get Netflix [In reply to] Can't Post

Longer, I joined Netflix in 2005, just checked with Netflix support. So its 7 yrs.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)