Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
How to get Seiki TV out of Retail mode

beamhillrd
New User

Dec 27, 2012, 7:59 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3280 views)
Shortcut
How to get Seiki TV out of Retail mode Can't Post

I have a new Seiki TV LED HDTV SE322FS and after going through the intial setup wizard, I think I may have it in the "retail" mode, i.e. very bright colors, etc. Also, some menu items are unavailable, "greyed out" ("Picture - Tint" and "Setup - Advanced" can be seen but are greyed out and can't use).

In the intital setup, there was a step to select "retail" or "home" mode and I may have not set it correctly to home mode. Now I can't find a way to get back to the intial setup to correct. Have tried the following suggested by Seiki cust service, with no success: (1) Menu - Setup - Restore Defaults - Yes - Enter; and (2) Unplug TV and antenna overnite, and see if inital setup wizard restarts. Neither worked.

I've noticed on Internet there are various special methods involving certain remote key combinations to get to the Initial setup for other TV brands, but have not found for the Seiki brand.

Does anyone know how to get to the Intial Setup Wizard so I can select the home mode, or any other way to convert to the home mode? Thanks!

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 27, 2012, 10:56 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beamhillrd] How to get Seiki TV out of Retail mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Consult store where purchased sales person?

-------------------------

beamhillrd
New User

Dec 28, 2012, 2:43 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] How to get Seiki TV out of Retail mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I did try at Sears where I bought (bought online, shipped to home). They did not know. They did make a good faith effort to find the information.
Am trying today to leave unplugged hoping to reset.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)