Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
How to look for a good HDTV?

molerat
New User

Nov 26, 2009, 12:28 PM

Post #1 of 11 (4502 views)
Shortcut
How to look for a good HDTV? Can't Post

I'm a noob when it comes to looking for good TV's, are there any good sites to look for good HDTV's? What are the things to look out for? What are the best TV's out there today? What feature's do i have to look out for in a good TV, or the resolution or stuff like that.Unsure

techie
New User

Dec 3, 2009, 10:03 PM

Post #2 of 11 (4472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [molerat] How to look for a good HDTV? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm a noob when it comes to looking for good TV's, are there any good sites to look for good HDTV's? What are the things to look out for? What are the best TV's out there today? What feature's do i have to look out for in a good TV, or the resolution or stuff like that.Unsure

People of Lava is a company from Sweden that makes (in my opinion) the best TV screens in the world.

sceptre
New User

Feb 17, 2010, 7:33 PM

Post #3 of 11 (4364 views)
Shortcut

To Find a good TV you should always look at the resolution, pixels, know the height/width you want it, see if your devices would match with the setting of the tv, see if your cable have good signal because without it then your tv isnt' going to work as good. Always check for pricing too..

I recently got a Sceptre TV which is good!! and its pretty cheap :D..hope this helps you!!

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 17, 2010, 8:19 PM

Post #4 of 11 (4361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sceptre] How to look for a good HDTV? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just look out the door or window. Hi Def doesn't get better than that!

-------------------------

randextrifor
New User

Feb 18, 2010, 7:24 PM

Post #5 of 11 (4357 views)
Shortcut

in getting an HDTV, you should know the following first before buying it:

1. what HDTV do you want?
2. where will you be putting it?
3. measure the size
4. will you be hanging it on the wall, get a stand for it, or put it on top of something?
5. narrow down your search by size and type of HDTV
6. look at the picture quality
7. check if the HDTV is capable of generating HD images.
8. get the best deal with your preferences which will benefit you the most.
9. what is the brand of the HDTV.

REMEMBER that the Internet is a good place to buy your HDTV. The electronics store will be your guide on what you will buy.
How to Compare Satellite TV?

Bettieclaire
New User

Mar 2, 2010, 11:45 AM

Post #6 of 11 (4325 views)
Shortcut
Your Top Web TV [In reply to] Can't Post

If you want a large monitor, however, that could work. Samsung has a 26" LCD Monitor w/1080p capability, HDMI, VGA, DVI, and 3.5mm stereo inputs. I got mine for about $300, but that's because it's the previous year's model. Odds are it costs around $400 for a new one, but it's a much better price than you'll get for a TV.

you can try this Check out a free new live internet tv service called http://viewmy.tv – an excellent website that allows you to watch internet TV from all over the world, they even let you create your own personal page and have tons of features, like search, countries, genres, multi-lingual descriptions, channel bitrate quality monitoring, rss feeds for blogs, full screen, mini screen options !!

[url=http://www.viewmy.tv]Online TV

gizmos018
New User

Mar 23, 2010, 12:37 PM

Post #7 of 11 (4286 views)
Shortcut

1staudiovisual TVs offers a wide array of televisions from different companies like samsung, panasonic, sharp, toshiba, etc.. they even have warranties. When buying a tv recommend that you check on your budget. Spend time in choosing the right tv for your needs. Its never good to be in a rush since that will end you up in the wrong choice. Of course the resolution preferably will be full hd 19820_1080. Led tvs are what I totally love today.

-------------------------
I have got Cheap LCD TVs here.

(This post was edited by gizmos018 on Mar 29, 2010, 4:52 AM)

thetechmagnet
New User

Dec 23, 2010, 6:30 AM

Post #8 of 11 (4175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gizmos018] How to look for a good HDTV? [In reply to] Can't Post

Look at Consumer Reports for a basic intro but the models they review are months old (last year's models). There is no one site that is an authority. You need to follow the model intros then look for credible real user feedback in sites like AVS Forum and even Epinions. Read but don't follow company and seller hype. Trust real user feedback for the downside and actual performance.

There are many subclasses in this market and each has a following (e.g. LCD-TV vs. large screen plasma vs. projector).

Thanks
Laugh
electronic gadgets
future technology

oppo bdp-80

shrewsburyyf
New User

Dec 28, 2010, 4:44 AM

Post #9 of 11 (4164 views)
Shortcut

read reviews or consumer reports
search in Google to find how others talk about it
that's all I use to find a good HDTV
lg 32ld350 review helps you choose the best tv

JohnRocks
User

Jan 3, 2011, 7:14 AM

Post #10 of 11 (4148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shrewsburyyf] How to look for a good HDTV? [In reply to] Can't Post

The HDTVs are often placed at different heights, which introduces viewing angle issues which particularly affect LCDs. When evaluating an LCD be sure to stand directly in front of the center of the unit because of viewing angle issues.
Check the screen for reflections and avoid glossy screens unless you will be watching in the dark. Many glossy screens introduce ripples in the image because they are glued on poorly. The best time to check for screen reflections is when the screen is black – then look for ripples in the screen reflections as you shift your viewing position slightly. Most store demos will go to black at least once. If you brought along a USB Thumb Drive, include a totally black picture by taking a photo with the lens cap on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rackmount LCD Monitor
USB KVM

itemsalecart
New User

Jan 18, 2011, 7:27 AM

Post #11 of 11 (4118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sceptre] How to look for a good HDTV? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's true....
Thanks man!!
skateboarding shoes adidas

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)