Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Is this possible???

bencronin04
New User

Feb 26, 2010, 7:28 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1165 views)
Shortcut
Is this possible??? Can't Post

I have a question for you TV/Home Theatre nerds. My parents are remodeling thier lake house and my dad wants to put in the thinest 55" tv he can. Now, this is pretty easly to do, just go to starpower and pick out the thinest, but he also wants the tv to turn into a mirror when its off. I've never hear of this, so I'm really unfamiliar with the process. My question is, is this possible to do in the VERY thin tv's that have been out for a short time. BTW it's not one of the "behind" the mirror tv's, its going to be hanging in the middle of a room on stand that can be rotated 360 degrees. I don't know where he comes up with these ideas......

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 27, 2010, 7:17 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bencronin04] Is this possible??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, your Parents does have exquisite taste and it's not new or popular idea. It came out 3 years ago, Although it's not really my focus except You will find the design mostly on millionaires mansion. I was once saw on abt electronics for 40 inch. You can enquire this set up cause all you need is the glass against the wall with the screen hidden inside a cavity. it's a little odd hanging in the middle of the room but hey! if that's what they want?..Frame the tv.
denonjapan
made in japan

Repair man
Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2010, 3:39 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bencronin04] Is this possible??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I do this all the time for my customers. Go to any automotive window tint shop and they'd be happy to tint it with a mirror type film; it works great! I do this myself but I've had plenty of experience with window tinting, I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself but an automotive window tint shop would do a great job. You will have to run the brightness a little higher than normal to give you a normal looking picture; when it is turned off it looks like a mirror.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)