Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Is this the right one 4 me

mitchel
New User

Jun 29, 2005, 2:08 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Is this the right one 4 me Can't Post

Hey guys i am in the market for a new tv. i am impress with the spec of this Panasonic CT-36Hl44. i dont have HDTV service in my area yet all i have direct tv LA services.

Anyone had experience with this set, how the pictures compare to the top sets in it class.

http://www.hotbuyselectronics.com/panasonic_ct_36hl44.htm

TANK1
Enthusiast

Jun 29, 2005, 2:38 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mitchel] Is this the right one 4 me [In reply to] Can't Post

That set is 4:3 aspect ratio tv.Which means that is squared picture like on regular tvs.

Hd tv programs and most dvds are 16:9 which is rectrangular shaped.So when watch hd shows on your set there will be black bars on top and bottom of the screen.

If you get LA locals from Directv right now you can also get the Hd broadcasts from those channels now with a hd Directv Sat reciever.

I would recomend going with a Mits 55315 Hd rear projection set from Best buy for $1499.

Or this Samsung http://www.tvauthority.com/...Samsung-HLP4663W.asp

for $1495.This Samsung is much lighter than that Panny.With DLP you just replace a light bulb in the set after about 6,000 hrs of service and the set is like brand new.

mitchel
New User

Jul 1, 2005, 3:56 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] Is this the right one 4 me [In reply to] Can't Post

"Thanks" tank1,

In my area (Guyana South America) direct TV Latin America don’t offers HDTV programming and will not be bringing this tipe of service in the near future.I think direct view CRT TV give the best picture from any viewing angle. This is why my eye is set on the ct36hl44.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)