Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
KV36HS510- High voltage transformer

Chefboiali
New User

Dec 19, 2005, 11:00 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2119 views)
Shortcut
KV36HS510- High voltage transformer Can't Post

I picked-up a Sony KV36HS510 from a friend. He gave it to me because I'm the guy who likes to tinker with anything "broken". The T.V. repairman told him that he needed a new high voltage transformer, and that the job would cost him about $450. How accurate is this in that a television that isn't working would need such a part? I just got the T.V. home, all 165 pounds of it, and haven't gotten close to opening it up. I love My 67 Camaro, and my 92 Honda Civic Si. I can turn a wrench, but would love to Do It Myself on this T.V. Can anyone help me with where to start, and where to go for this High voltage Transformer? I don't believe in paying someone to do something until I've tried it myself. I've seen too many people pay hundreds of dollars for someone to connect a loose vacuum hose, to take the first diagnosis.

Thanks in advance,

Ali

(This post was edited by Chefboiali on Dec 19, 2005, 11:01 AM)

Chefboiali
New User

Dec 19, 2005, 11:11 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chefboiali] KV36HS510- High voltage transformer [In reply to] Can't Post

I just noticed that the ratio of viewed to replied is quite low. Anyone who responds to my thread will be taken VERY seriously. I belong to Honda-acura.net and reply to a lot of treads for people who feel the way I do about this televison, so I respect the advice of anyone who feels they can help. Two brains are better than one, etc.......

Thanks again in advance,

Ali

TANK1
Enthusiast

Dec 19, 2005, 3:13 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chefboiali] KV36HS510- High voltage transformer [In reply to] Can't Post

If you move this to the repair forum,it should get you more answers.

http://www.tv-forums.com/.../TV_Repair_Forum_F3/

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)