Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
New TV Best Buy Insignia model NS-L19Q-10A

tomstvf
New User

Jun 18, 2009, 6:13 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2307 views)
Shortcut
New TV Best Buy Insignia model NS-L19Q-10A Can't Post

Hello, I set this up and all stations come in just fine, but there is one big problem, when I press
a station on the remote, it first brings up a Zero station. Let me explain, if I press channel 6
I first get a station "ATV 6.0" (which states there is No Signal) I then have to press the channel up one more time to get to get 6-1 and the signal is then ok and the picture is perfect!
I have to do this with all the stations and if i use the Recall button it will not go back to the 6-1
it goes back to the ATV6-0 and I have to repeat pressing the channel up button!
How can I get rid of the ATV-0 stations that come up first. They are not in the add/delete stations?
Is this a defect in this TV? Someone please let me know if you have any ideas as to what
is going on here? PS: I took the set back and got another one and it does the same thing! Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 18, 2009, 10:47 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tomstvf] New TV Best Buy Insignia model NS-L19Q-10A [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's be sure I'm understanding correctly: You press 6. You then wait (or do you hit an "enter" button?) and "ATV 6.0" comes on.
I presume there's a point(.) or dash(-) button on the remote - what happens when you hit: "6" "." or "-" "1" then wait (or "enter")?
What about a "favorites" channel feature?

-------------------------

tomstvf
New User

Jun 19, 2009, 1:36 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] New TV Best Buy Insignia model NS-L19Q-10A [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Let's be sure I'm understanding correctly: You press 6. You then wait (or do you hit an "enter" button?) and "ATV 6.0" comes on.
I presume there's a point(.) or dash(-) button on the remote - what happens when you hit: "6" "." or "-" "1" then wait (or "enter")?
What about a "favorites" channel feature?

I press 6 for channel 6 and a 6-0 comes up but the actual station is on 6-1 but I cannot enter 6-1 channel 61 comes up then!
There are no dash's or points on the remote.
Also if I am on a say channel 51-1 and I want to go back to channel 6-1 it will not go there, it goes to 6-0 instead and I have to press the UP channel one time to get to 6-1.
This leaves the remote "recall" button useless.
The funny thing is, when I just use the up channel button it does not stop at the 6-0 it will go directly to the correct channel of 6-1 but if I press the button for channel 6 the 6-0 comes up instead
The 6-0 and all the -0's are suppose to be on the Add/Skip channels screen but they are not!
If there was only a way to get rid of the -0 from the channels, it would be ok then?
Please let me know what you think and Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 19, 2009, 2:10 AM

Post #4 of 7 (2297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tomstvf] New TV Best Buy Insignia model NS-L19Q-10A [In reply to] Can't Post

Just researched Best Buy's site and a user review says the set has an ATSC tuner built-in.
I have yet to see ANY ATSC equipped TV or DTV box without a dot or dash feature.

Have you asked a salesperson? They are "supposed" to know.

I could not find a link to user manual so I could examine more carefully.

I presume you did a rescan? Could try rescan with NO ANTENNA connected to "clear the memory," then reconnect antenna and rescan again.

Another thing you could try is looking for answer here (3 pages) and post your problem if not:
http://community.insigniaproducts.com/...Q-TV&thread.id=1

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jun 19, 2009, 2:55 AM)

tomstvf
New User

Jun 19, 2009, 10:46 AM

Post #5 of 7 (2290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] New TV Best Buy Insignia model NS-L19Q-10A [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Just researched Best Buy's site and a user review says the set has an ATSC tuner built-in.
I have yet to see ANY ATSC equipped TV or DTV box without a dot or dash feature.

Have you asked a salesperson? They are "supposed" to know.

I could not find a link to user manual so I could examine more carefully.

I presume you did a rescan? Could try rescan with NO ANTENNA connected to "clear the memory," then reconnect antenna and rescan again.

Another thing you could try is looking for answer here (3 pages) and post your problem if not:
http://community.insigniaproducts.com/...Q-TV&thread.id=1

I really appreciate your helping me on this post.
Ok, I rescanned without the antenna and then rescanned with it. No change, But I found out a few things Thanks to you, first the remote does have a dash- symbol and when I pressed the 6-1 the right station came up correctly, it seems if I press just the channel 6 button I then get the 6-0!
I wonder why the -0's for all the stations is not on the add/skip screen, if they were I could simply mark them to skip over them, is there away of doing this without using add/skip? If not does that mean I am stuck with the -0's?
When I went to the link you gave me, I tried to click on the product manual link, but kept getting an "About Blank" page instead!
I forgot one other thing, I noticed on the remote and on the #5 button there is a solid little square under the 5 do you have any idea what that could be used for? Thanks

(This post was edited by tomstvf on Jun 19, 2009, 10:49 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 19, 2009, 8:27 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Approximately 85% of the time the answers to a New set owners questions ARE in their owners manual. Who (besides me) reads their owners manual "cover to cover." ("solid little square" - page(s) where each button on the remote is pointed out and use explained? - maybe so you can "feel" the center of keypad?)
Todays sets scan for ALL stations available. As I stated before most manufacturers are going to have a feature that allows the user to put channels into "List(s)," "Favorite(s)," "Group(s)," "Memory Bank(s)," etc. For example: A group of channels for the husband, and different groups of channels for the wife, child(ren), pets, etc. Or a group each for "Networks," "PBS," "News," "Weather," etc.

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jun 19, 2009, 9:09 PM)

tomstvf
New User

Jun 19, 2009, 9:04 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2282 views)
Shortcut

Yeah I too usually always go thru the manual, and I do not see anything for this channel 5 button with the solid little rectangle under it.
All the numbers for the remote have arrows point to each button and giving there meaning except this one (thats my luck always)!
Maybe I will call them on Monday and see what they say about this mystery button! Thanks for all your help, if it wasn't for you I would be taking this set back fast!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)