Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
PC hookup

Anyubis
New User

Sep 16, 2008, 9:18 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1442 views)
Shortcut
PC hookup Can't Post

OK, so I am wanting to use my tv as a monitor. All I keep getting is a blue screen on my tv. I was always under the assumption that this was an easily achieved task requiring just to plug it into the video card. It is an Olevia 37" HDTV and my video card is this: http://www.newegg.com/...Item=N82E16814130082
I am using an HDMI to DVI cable.
I have tried adjusting the resolution as well as a bunch of other stuff with the NVidia control panel. Please advise, thanks.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 17, 2008, 3:49 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anyubis] PC hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the NVIDIA video card has 2 DVI OUTPUT, I am assuming that one of the dvi output from the NVidia is connected to your current monitor, right? and the other is to the Olevia. if the NVIDIA control panel doesn't detect your olevia monitor connected to it may not support all independent processing threads HDCP signal. it's from your OLEVIA. Remember that's a consumer monitor. You can always tell from your NVIDIA If the monitor is compliant with the signal. otherwise blue screen.....let's say, you are seeing both monitor into the nvidia, where you can choose a single display or clone both. re-start your pc and it should work, but I doubt your OLEVIA.

denonjapan
made in japan

Anyubis
New User

Sep 17, 2008, 11:02 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] PC hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

yes you are correct. one is going to the monitor. The NVIDIA control panel picks up the firmware from the TV because it shows up. I have tried restarting it and it did nothing. I even tried an S-Video and got nothing. thanks for your help.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)