Panasonic HD TV color

Micha87
New User

Jun 13, 2007, 6:05 AM

Post #1 of 16 (4129 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic HD TV color Can't Post

Hey all,
I have a Panasonic D Tv and I am getting some weird color problems. The color problems only occur when I watch a DVD, the color is perfectly fine when watching cable or playing video games, just not when using the DVD player. The DVD player component cables have been unplugged often recently, could the cables perhaps be plugged in wrong? As in not all the way, or somehow a cable got plugged into the wrong place? I would have tried this priot to posting, however, it is very difficult to reach the back of the TV due to how it is mounted.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

techchris
Veteran

Jun 13, 2007, 9:50 AM

Post #2 of 16 (4124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Micha87] Panasonic HD TV color [In reply to] Can't Post

component input leads are colour coded so you would have to be a complete doughnut to get them wrong. check the output of the dvd is set to component and not RGB or video(in the menu) or maybe the sockets on the tv have come unsoldered if the leads are continually unplugged as they are quite fragile and not designed for plugging and unplugging

Micha87
New User

Jun 14, 2007, 8:00 PM

Post #3 of 16 (4121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic HD TV color [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I would hope that things wouldn't become unsoldered so easily on such a TV. It is rather easy to mistakenly plug the wrong cables in, especially considering that fact non-standard cables (not color coded) are being used, as well the fact that the TV mount does not have a piveting funtion, making it that much harder to see behind the TV. As I said before, everything except for the DVD picture displays correctly, the DVD picture shows up predominantly green (namely on the yellow/brown/etc. textures).

techchris
Veteran

Jun 14, 2007, 9:56 PM

Post #4 of 16 (4119 views)
Shortcut

there are only 3 leads in a component connexion so try swapping them around at the DVD end, see what happens

Micha87
New User

Jun 15, 2007, 12:37 AM

Post #5 of 16 (4117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic HD TV color [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the TV is still displaying the picture still the actual TV shouldn't be damaged, correct?

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 16, 2007, 3:47 PM

Post #6 of 16 (4105 views)
Shortcut

People do not distinguished this as a problem till it arises. Micha, What you are implying in this situation is you being lazy to correct it. I wouldn't wonder then to see you more with problems later on. Enjoy the green view till the end.

denonjapan
made in japan

Micha87
New User

Jun 16, 2007, 5:38 PM

Post #7 of 16 (4103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Panasonic HD TV color [In reply to] Can't Post

Or considering the fact that I, as stated numerous times, do not know what would be affecting this. As to the fact of being lazy, it is rather hard to correct something when the TV is at my other house on the other side of the country. So, perhaps instead of making blatant, blind comments, it would be more beneficial to offer some help of true validity... After all, I inquired about a TV problem, not for insults in broken English. Wink

(This post was edited by Micha87 on Jun 16, 2007, 5:39 PM)

techchris
Veteran

Jun 16, 2007, 6:25 PM

Post #8 of 16 (4098 views)
Shortcut

i have never known a tv to be damaged by reversing component leads so go ahead and swop them around when you get home and see if it cures the problem and post back results.you may have to get the tv off the wall while you check the tv end of the lead in case one is unplugged(but thats what wives are for isnt it?)

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 16, 2007, 11:27 PM

Post #9 of 16 (4095 views)
Shortcut

Listen carefully! You are lazy and dumb. forum isn't your answer. get your lazy azz and look for the cure. if it's so hard for you to take the tv down from the wall to check. You don't expect someone to tell you otherwise......do your homework and then ask, don't say it's hard to reach, and leave it to everyone to guess what's wrong with the tv cause by your stupidity. never mind how I wrote my lines.( "I know a good one, when I see one, yours isn't nearly enough to learn from" ) You should worry more of your TV being green.

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Jun 17, 2007, 3:53 AM)

Micha87
New User

Jun 17, 2007, 2:45 PM

Post #10 of 16 (4084 views)
Shortcut

@ Techchris: Thanks a bunch! I just noticed it the night before I had to live on a trip, this is why I wasn't able to fiddle around with it myself. I was just wondering if this was perhaps something serious with the TV, or just the result of hooking something up in the middle of the night.
@ Denonjapan: That would have made more sense if it was actually comprehensible. Again, not sure how laziness comes into this, especially when I have said in previous posts that I am currently not at that residence... But color me however you desire... After all, it is so much more intelligent to waste your time trolling forums than actually offering help.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 18, 2007, 12:20 AM

Post #11 of 16 (4073 views)
Shortcut

You lying bastard!

Hey all,
I have a Panasonic D Tv and I am getting some weird color problems. The color problems only occur when I watch a DVD, the color is perfectly fine when watching cable or playing video games, just not when using the DVD player. The DVD player component cables have been unplugged often recently, could the cables perhaps be plugged in wrong? As in not all the way, or somehow a cable got plugged into the wrong place? I would have tried this priot to posting, however, it is very difficult to reach the back of the TV due to how it is mounted.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Michelle! Not only you are drinking and driving but reading your post didn't specify any of your whereabouts. I simply suggest to take a good look at back of the tv before assuming anything and before people starts telling you to fixed something aint broken. I called you lazy cause before you came here you said: " it is very difficult to reach the back of the tv due to how it is mounted"......DUH!!!!!....I just want to tell you this, hope you understand me very well:>>> when your ass dirty, but you just let it because your arms isn't long enought to reach your hole? Is that thesame reason you smell the way how you smell?.... And now, you think you need help but you aint willing to do yourself. Instead, you let techchris sticked his fingers to you. you called that HELP?

denonjapan
made in japan

Micha87
New User

Jun 18, 2007, 3:07 AM

Post #12 of 16 (4062 views)
Shortcut

Regardless of where I am does not change the fact that the TV is not mounted on a piveting mount. Secondly, I have already tried to plug-in the cables numerous times, this being the reason why I asked if the actual TV itself could be potentially damaged. I would hope that you had a better way to waste your time than sitting on an internet forum trolling... but, obviously not. Again, not sure how that has to do with being lazy... Dismounting a rather large TV is more of a pain than an issue of laziness. I simply asked for the possible problems that could be causing this. However, as for your illiteracy, that might very well be a result of laziness, or just pure stupidity... Go eat your bamboo you illiterate lonely panda.

(This post was edited by Micha87 on Jun 18, 2007, 3:10 AM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 18, 2007, 3:47 AM

Post #13 of 16 (4057 views)
Shortcut

MICHA! are you from a broken family? Trust me if you need some personal advice, I can help you with that too. just pay attention. Cause obviously, You need more truing than Your Panasonic HDTV. It is okay trust me. It's not the TV that having an issue, IT'S DEFINITELY YOU! > "Dismounting a rather large TV is more of a pain than an issue of laziness" SlySlySlySly if it's not then god damn Tell me what is? Do you know what Y/G Pb/Cb/B Pr/Cr/R without guessing? Oh I forgot! Either you can't reach it! or you have no flashlights!!!!!........ I would really love to hear more of your lies while grilling you!. .......your callTongue.

denonjapan

made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Jun 18, 2007, 3:49 AM)

Micha87
New User

Jun 18, 2007, 3:57 AM

Post #14 of 16 (4054 views)
Shortcut

Please do continue to grill me... That makes a lot of sense considering the fact that I am on a forum ASKING for help, haha... I am an expert about TV's, right? Nice detective work, Ace. You caught me, it's pure laziness... You know, dismounting a TV that's mounted into a molding that's over 10 ft. above the ground is an easy thing, not even to mention the weight of the TV. Please do inform on some of these lies I have made? Or did your online translator mess up again? You are indeed one intelligent person, surely Japan receives its reputation for its intelligent people based off of people like you Wink

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 18, 2007, 4:44 AM

Post #15 of 16 (4051 views)
Shortcut

Michelle! go back to your nursing home.will ya??????? You will have a lot of help in a snap!!!!.. Since your brain does not have no common sense at all, perhaps we misguided to include in the manual as well.SlySlySlySlySly knowing your answers, no wonder your tv will be continuously green.SlySlySlySlySly Sorry! we don't make manuals prior to manufacturing. it's just don't work that way!....this is fun!!!!!!!!!LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughsurely Japan receives its reputation for its intelligent people based off of people like me, cause we challenged the human capacity reading backwards. we did that!!!!!!!!!what else?

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Jul 5, 2007, 8:20 AM

Post #16 of 16 (3842 views)
Shortcut

I personally cant see the leads being the issue, they are video which is low frequency not RF. Your TV is a more upmarket brand and its usual for those to be made for world standards and as such some of the AV inputs can often select Pal or NTSC. If you are in USA its NTSC the rest of the world that writes as you do its Pal. So check that the DVD is puting out the correct standard and the TV has the same, that will be in the menu of both. So if you have them, read the unstruction manuals. Oh and forget our rising sun, he has issues.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)