Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Problem with DVD (Recorder) LG and Toshiba Regza

nandjoshi
New User

Jan 21, 2011, 9:50 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1679 views)
Shortcut
Problem with DVD (Recorder) LG and Toshiba Regza Can't Post

Hi All, Joshi here. I am currently facing problem with sound. The scenario here is I bought LG (LG RH 387H Model) which has inbuild harddisk and you can save or record anything which you see in your TV through your cable operator. Now i am using 42 inch Toshiba Regza.
Problem i am facing is with Sound. When i record and Play, Picture (Visual) comes in the TV but no sound. The similar with playing DVD CD's. If i will put DVD CD's no sound comes. but on the other hand, if i will play VCD CD's then everything is perfect, sound and picture. So i cannot buy DVD and nor i can record. So the DVD player is useless for me. I tried changing the Setting.
I am in Singapore and i am using the local cable operator. This problem was not there when i used Philips TV. When i switched over to Toshiba Regza, i am facing this problem. Any recorded and DVD cd, there is no sound, Visual (Picture) comes in the TV properly, but no sound.
Please help me, if anything i need to do. Or do i need to change the HDMI Cable OR something the similar problem anyone facing.
Really need help. Cheers!

techchris
Veteran

Jan 22, 2011, 11:29 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nandjoshi] Problem with DVD (Recorder) LG and Toshiba Regza [In reply to] Can't Post

try a digital optical cable and check the audio out settings on the DVD menu

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)