Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Samsung 60" no back light

Ronniethrock
New User

Apr 10, 2020, 4:49 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3638 views)
Shortcut
Samsung 60" no back light Can't Post

I have A Samsung UN60J6200AFXZA.Power supply BN44-00775A. No backlight but doing backlight test have picture.Testing the Power board shows 400 volts on D+ and D-. But S+ and S- nothing. These are the 2 sets of wires coming off the power board to backlights.i bought a backlight tester and got dim lights by applying power to S+ and D-? my next step is to tear apart the panel and individually test backlights. Any suggestions about power needs at S+ and D+ for this model? Thanks in advance

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 10, 2020, 6:44 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ronniethrock] Samsung 60" no back light [In reply to] Can't Post

Many Samsung TVs had a built-in test for ONLY the backlights. Whenever the Main Board to Power board cable was unplugged (either end), the backlights would fire up (and stay fired up) for as long as the cable was unplugged.

BN44-00775A

PLEASE NOTE: The LED strips (part number BN96-29074A/BN96-29075A) in the models listed are prone to failure. If this board does not fix the problem with your TV, it is likely that you have defective LED strips. Power supply and LED strips failures cause similar symptoms in these models.

Since Samsung liked to ship out their sets with the backlight intensity at Maximum, backlight failure is a COMMON failure.

-------------------------

Ronniethrock
New User

Apr 10, 2020, 7:19 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung 60" no back light [In reply to] Can't Post

I will try that. Thank you so much for the info!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)