Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA DLP Trouble

leerljr68
New User

Jul 8, 2009, 9:00 PM

Post #1 of 8 (6723 views)
Shortcut
Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA DLP Trouble Can't Post

Was purchased January 2006. About a month and a half ago, the tv would just shut off after a few hours. I read about resetting lamp hours by Mute+1++8+2+Power; which I tried. That seemed to have fixed the problem as it didn't shut off any more. Now it doesn't even stay on for five minutes. It shuts off and the start button in the middle just flashes 'Timer Lamp' 'Stand By/Temp'. You can turn it right back on, get a picture, but less than five minutes, it will shut off again. Any other ideas before I have to go out and buy a $200 lamp? I bought it from Circuit City with their protection plan that even covered one bulb replacement, but of course they are out of business and the service number on the receipt just has a busy signal all the time.

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 9, 2009, 12:41 AM

Post #2 of 8 (6717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leerljr68] Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA DLP Trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

Found:

Check lamp hours in service mode. If high it is time for a new lamp. If not you have other problems.

Besides lamps, sets are also famous for defective color wheels, and DMD boards. One at a time, in pairs or all three at same time.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jul 9, 2009, 12:42 AM)

leerljr68
New User

Jul 9, 2009, 1:54 AM

Post #3 of 8 (6712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA DLP Trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure what the hours said when I reset it over a month ago. It still says 0 when I checked it again yesterday. Is there any way to figure out if I have a bad color wheel or DMD board? Would it be helpful to call Samsung as well to see what they have to say about it too or are they just going to tell me to replace a bunch of things that may not need replacing?

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 9, 2009, 2:16 AM

Post #4 of 8 (6709 views)
Shortcut

How many full hours have you let set play since "yesterday."
Usually you can "hear" the color wheel whining/squeeling; Some signs of bad DMD: Stripes/Squares/Bars in pix, Pixelization/pix "freezes"; Set/Controls lock up.
Samsung probably won't give you the correct time of day or day of the week.Smile

leerljr68
New User

Jul 9, 2009, 2:29 AM

Post #5 of 8 (6707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA DLP Trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

Not even a half hour...it keeps shutting off. I don't have any of those other symptoms, it only keeps shutting off. Yeah. That's what I figured...

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 9, 2009, 2:56 AM

Post #6 of 8 (6705 views)
Shortcut

It's well within the age range for needing a new bulb, but many things factor into a bulbs longevity, not just the number of hours. For example, two sets play a total of 10 hours each in one day. One is turned on once and shut off once, the other is cycled on/off six or eight times during those ten hours, which puts more strain on the bulb.
The nearest thing I can compare it to is fluorescent lighting.
Of the three parts, the bulb is the cheapest, of course, it depends on where purchased.

garne2t
New User

Oct 20, 2009, 10:26 PM

Post #7 of 8 (6368 views)
Shortcut

Maybe the TV is overheating? Is it pushed right up against the wall? Maybe cutting off air circulation?

tvlover
New User

Oct 21, 2009, 1:16 AM

Post #8 of 8 (6366 views)
Shortcut

Have the technician to check your HDTV or you see my site for reviews of Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA DLP.

http://www.plasmatvreviewsweblog.com

[url=http://www.hdtvreviewsweblog.com]HDTV Reviews

(This post was edited by tvlover on Oct 21, 2009, 1:17 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)