Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Samsung TXS3082WHX (RCA sound output with HDMI and Component)

theevamonkey
New User

Feb 25, 2010, 1:54 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1528 views)
Shortcut
Samsung TXS3082WHX (RCA sound output with HDMI and Component) Can't Post

I have a Samsung TX-S3082WHX/AA TV.

The problem I have is that I have an older amplifier with a pair of RCA inputs. I get sound from the composite inputs out via the RCA output with no problem. But for devices connected via HDMI and Component, I can't get sound out through the RCA outputs on the TV. I've been through all of the menus a dozen times. Is it just not possible?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

techchris
Veteran

Feb 25, 2010, 8:47 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theevamonkey] Samsung TXS3082WHX (RCA sound output with HDMI and Component) [In reply to] Can't Post

I assume you have sound on the tv when HDMI input is being used from DVD or Satellite box but nothing out of the Red/White audio out sockets. It may be there is only digital sound out from the optical connection when using HDMI though its a bit unlikely. Nothing in the book about this? Worth phoning Samsung helpline as it may be normal for this model

theevamonkey
New User

Feb 25, 2010, 2:03 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Samsung TXS3082WHX (RCA sound output with HDMI and Component) [In reply to] Can't Post

I do get sound to the onboard speakers, and the problem I have is not just on the HDMI inputs, it's also for the Component inputs, which is a little mind boggling, because the Component inputs have RCA sound inputs, so it's still sending analog audio into the television.

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 26, 2010, 2:32 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theevamonkey] Samsung TXS3082WHX (RCA sound output with HDMI and Component) [In reply to] Can't Post

So your expecting something beyond 20 - 20,000 Hz of frequency?Crazy

-------------------------

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 27, 2010, 8:20 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1506 views)
Shortcut

Try this: from the sound output of your tv: there maybe a selection of settings: PCB and DOLBY DIGITAL. Set it to dolby digital. The amp should recognize it no matter how old.

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)