Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Sony Bravia questions

mzp0p
New User

Oct 1, 2009, 9:22 PM

Post #1 of 2 (976 views)
Shortcut
Sony Bravia questions Can't Post

I purchased a Sony Bravia KDL-32M4000 in March and since then I've had two issues. The first issue is that the tv will turn itself off and then back on, seems to occur more frequently while watching prerecorded shows or while watching shows that have been stored in the temporary memory (rewinding live tv and starting from a previous spot). The second issue is that the sound will start to stutter and then will drop completely. Both issues are resolved by changing the channel, turning off and on the tv, or by pausing and then playing the show being watched. At first this issue seemed exclusive to the HD Dish box I have connected to the tv but then the same issues happened while watching movies on my XBox360. I've been working with sony for over a month on this issue (I did report the issue a few months back and then tried to solve the issue at home using their suggestions of resetting equipment connected to the tv). We have replaced the audio/visual panel and the power supply panel and still the problem continues. Is there any suggestion as to what may be causing this? My patience with Sony is very short as I've had really bad experiences with numerous agents at both their customer support center and their repair company QualxServ.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

techchris
Veteran

Oct 4, 2009, 10:16 PM

Post #2 of 2 (963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mzp0p] Sony Bravia questions [In reply to] Can't Post

there may be a software upgrade for this model.check with Sony technical dept.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)