Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Sony FWD-PX1/Bose Lifestyle 18 hook-up??

couldusehelp
New User

Aug 10, 2005, 1:40 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2393 views)
Shortcut
Sony FWD-PX1/Bose Lifestyle 18 hook-up?? Can't Post

Hello, I am trying to hook up a Sony FWD-50PX1 plasma monitor with a Comcast HD box through a Bose lifestyle 18 system. I am using the standard component/RGB cable that was supplied to no avail.....the Comcast tech pretty much left scratching his head.....I told him I would play with it......Am I using the wrong cable? I am coming from the output of the Comcast box to the Bose then to the TV....I get sound but no picture....If I go directly from the cable box to the TV it works, but then I lose out on the surround sound aspect on HD broadcasts...Any ideas???

Thanks

TANK1
Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2005, 8:37 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [couldusehelp] Sony FWD-PX1/Bose Lifestyle 18 hook-up?? [In reply to] Can't Post

You must run your video cables (component video cables,1red,1blue,1green) from your cable box to a hd input of your plasma set.

Then you must run a toslink cable (optical) from your cable box to bose system if you want Dolby digital 5.1.

Or just run audio cables (1 white,1 red) from the cable box to the bose system.But you won't get the DD 5.1 with these cables.

Here's a link for a toslink cable in case you want to see what it looks like.

http://www.pacificcable.com/Toslink.html

I made correction on the video connection,for your plasma you need to use RGB 15 pin connector.

(This post was edited by TANK1 on Aug 10, 2005, 8:56 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)