Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Sony Problem

bobspk5555
New User

Jun 19, 2011, 10:42 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Sony Problem Can't Post

Sony is a MISERABLE company. Check my story. I bought a Sony 40KDLXBR7 television from Crutchfield on July 28, 2009 for $1200. It had an 18 month warranty. It started failing in the winter of 2010-2011. No worry: my credit card extends the warranty on any purchase up to a year. It completely failed on May 31, 2011. I called a Sony authorized repair service and they took the set in and gave me an estimate of $2022 to repair it. Needless to say, I did not repair it. The part itself (the display) cost $1575. The repair service suggested I call Sony and ask if they might authorize repair at a reasonable price so that I could be reimbursed by my credit card company. I called Sony and they would not help in the least. I talked to 4 people and their response was “tough luck”. How does a $1200 television cost $2022 to repair and why does a $1200 television fail just as the warranty expires? I have bought Sony products for many years; I’m 64. This is my last purchase from these miserable scumbags.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 19, 2011, 10:16 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bobspk5555] Sony Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

You can insert "whatever brand" and "whatever model number" flat-screen TV in your statement.

They should advertise these as "disposable" TVs.

You don't bring your BIC (or other disposable) cigarette lighter in to be refilled with lighter fluid do you?

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)