Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
This hookup may stump you. Give me your advice please

Rockman
New User

Oct 11, 2005, 4:01 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2000 views)
Shortcut
This hookup may stump you. Give me your advice please Can't Post

Okay everyone I need your help to get HD to my DVD Recorder/VCR combo and HD to Sony LCD TV. Here goes nothing....

I have Time Warner Cable HD Cable box, Samsung VR325 DVD/VCR Combo recorder, Sony LCD HD TV.

The Samsung has HDMI and so does the TV.

I am running coax cable to cable box, coax from cable box to DVD/VCR, HDMI from Samsung DVD/VCR to TV. Also from Cable Box directly to TV using Component cables.

I can't get a HD picture from the Samshung DVD/VCR unit. It will play digital video fine but if it is transmitting in HD format I get black screen but I can hear the sound.

Should I use a Component splitter from cable box to DVD/VCR and to TV?

Please give me your genius thoughts.

Rockman

(This post was edited by Rockman on Oct 11, 2005, 4:03 AM)

TANK1
Enthusiast

Oct 11, 2005, 10:02 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rockman] This hookup may stump you. Give me your advice please [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you push the video button on th tv's remote?It will switch from the HDMI-Component-S-video-RCA-Coax.

Where is the sound from the dvd/vcr comming from?The tv or A/V reciever?

If you connect the cable box directly to the tv with the HDMI,do you get a picture and sound?

Is there a switch or something in the menu of the dvd/vcr that switches it from 480p ( which is ED) to 1081i ( HD)?

Check your manuel for the dvd/vcr to see how you change from 480p to 1080i.

comcast.tech
New User

Oct 26, 2005, 5:36 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] This hookup may stump you. Give me your advice please [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Did you push the video button on th tv's remote?It will switch from the HDMI-Component-S-video-RCA-Coax.

Where is the sound from the dvd/vcr comming from?The tv or A/V reciever?

If you connect the cable box directly to the tv with the HDMI,do you get a picture and sound?

Is there a switch or something in the menu of the dvd/vcr that switches it from 480p ( which is ED) to 1081i ( HD)?

Check your manuel for the dvd/vcr to see how you change from 480p to 1080i.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)