VIZIO L32 POWER MODULE

ratcrib
New User

Aug 19, 2011, 2:54 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1978 views)
Shortcut
VIZIO L32 POWER MODULE Can't Post

Hello.

I found this TV sitting by the garbage bin of our apt. complex. After plugging it in, it didn't turn on. I removed back cover (found that most screws were missing), inspected it and found power unit disconnected from mains, the fuse missing and a varistor near the missing fuse shattered. After turning the power circuit over, I noticed someone bypassed (i think) the fuse by soldering a line from one end to the other.

Now this would not be a problem for me to repair, even thought I am not a professional, but very handy and good with my hands; BUT, I am unsure of 2 things. What is the exact part number of the missing fuse (I found an intact power circuit picture online which I will post here for anyone to try and figure out the part numbers) and varistor that I should replace, and 2, where on earth I can buy these components. I actually found a complete power board online for sale at about $80, but want to see if I can get a HDTV working for a few bucks instead.

the replacement part i don't want to have to buy:

below is the close up of a working varistor on a replacement board I would love to avoid having to buy.

Thanks in advance.

(This post was edited by ratcrib on Aug 19, 2011, 3:04 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)