Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
What's the difference?

rev1976
New User

May 13, 2006, 4:20 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2331 views)
Shortcut
What's the difference? Can't Post

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and a newbie when is comes to TV's and all the technology out there. I am shopping around for a Plasma TV and have narrowed my choice down to samsung. My question is that there are 2 models i am deciding on but not really sure what the difference is...what are the pros and cons? Here are the 2 models which can be found at the samsung site (www.samsung.ca).
HP-R4272C & HP-R4252C
Thanks in advance Smile

TANK1
Enthusiast

May 13, 2006, 2:05 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rev1976] What's the difference? [In reply to] Can't Post

HPR 4252C has a tuner.You can just connect to an antenna and get over the air local HD channels.

HPR 4272C You need to connect to cable or sat box to get ANY channels.
Different color shemes one is all black and has silver base.
I would suggest HPR 4272C because a higher model ( 4272 compared to 4252) number usally means a newer model and without the tuner should cost less.

rev1976
New User

May 14, 2006, 8:10 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] What's the difference? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the response Tank. The 4272c model (the newer model without the tuner) is actually more expensive then the older model with the tuner. Thanks again for you help.

Larry E
User

May 23, 2006, 9:34 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rev1976] What's the difference? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why would you purchase a TV without a tuner? that basically makes it a monitor, furthermore if the set is a "true" HD tv (chip is in the tuner) you then have a stand alone set that doesn`t need a cable or satellite box to receive programming unless it`s paid programming, just my 2 cents worth, Larry E

TANK1
Enthusiast

May 23, 2006, 10:06 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Larry E] What's the difference? [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people can't get OTA signals and don't need a tuner.Unless you use a antenna to receive OTA signal,a tunor is not needed.
You can have a HD montior without a tuner,most sets over 42" do not have tunors.You can get a model with a tunor if you need it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)