Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
When to buy?

PeteZaHut
New User

Dec 27, 2006, 3:23 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2030 views)
Shortcut
When to buy? Can't Post

Money will definately be an issue with me buying an HDTV. I know that prices are coming down like crazy right now. When will be the best time where I could buy a good TV that's going to last a long time.

techchris
Veteran

Dec 27, 2006, 11:21 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PeteZaHut] When to buy? [In reply to] Can't Post

first of all tv's do NOT last a long time anymore so forget all about that. plasma or lcd about 2 years if you are lucky before the first breakdown which will cost you more to fix than the set cost to buy.as for when,if you want one now then buy it now, only a psychic can tell you about the future. but please do yourself a favour and dont buy cheapo stuff with names you have never heard of or you will never get it repaired however old it is.Panasonic is by far the best bet at the moment.

TANK1
Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2006, 5:11 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pete ZaHut] When to buy? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have not bought one yet because not enough of what I watch is in HD.

I am big sports fan and there is still a lot of sports telecasts not in HD yet.

So is what you watch in HD yet?

I also can"t spend $2000 on a HD set and " hope " it doesnt have problems. I will give it more time before the prices drop and reliability increases. I watch tv 14 hrs a day.

Only you can make the decision of when the time is right for, but remember for everyday you wait. You are also missing out on some great HD tv viewing.

techchris
Veteran

Dec 27, 2006, 8:07 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] When to buy? [In reply to] Can't Post

14 hours a day? you need to get out more friend

PeteZaHut
New User

Dec 27, 2006, 10:44 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] When to buy? [In reply to] Can't Post

I want one for my Playstation 3. Do they really break that often? I had never heard of that before, but I don't know anything about TV's, so that doesn't say much. Does Circuit City or anybody have a long warranty available? And does it really cost as much to fix it as the original price?

techchris
Veteran

Dec 28, 2006, 12:21 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PeteZaHut] When to buy? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes and yes.take extended guarantee if you can but having worked on flat screens for years I can tell you its more likely to be replaced than repaired which is where the extra guarantee is a benefit.way up the cost. it may be better to save the cost of the extra guarantee in a savings account just in case and if you dont use it go to Cayman for the weekend with the money you saved!!!

TANK1
Enthusiast

Dec 28, 2006, 3:50 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] When to buy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Make sure the extended warrenty covers " bulb replacement" since most with bulbs will need replacing during the life of the warrenty.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)