New User

Oct 16, 2005, 2:19 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2709 views)
Shortcut
? ABOUT HIGH DEF Can't Post

OK......

correct me if im wrong...... to get high def you need

hd televison, hd top box, and hd channels

now about the cables, you have hdmi and those stuff, without the hd channels even if i hook up those cables ( not using s video or coax) i still need hd channels sent to my tv correct?????? because i have read about hdmi and other forms of hook up, changing REGULAR def to hd but dont you need the hd channels to be sent you via dig cable or sat ????

thanks i just need to make some things clear on this matter

TANK1
Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2005, 9:55 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PEARL] ? ABOUT HIGH DEF [In reply to] Can't Post

Hd is used with a dvi,hdmi,or component video cables.

Hd can come from over the air.If you live near a city AND your local channels are broadcasting in HD.You need a antenna,just a regular tv antenna will work.You also need the HD set to have a digital tuner to accept the HD signal from the antenna and broadcast on your set.

If your HD set dosen't have a digital tuner you can get a sat reciever which has a digital tuner built in or a just a plain digital tuner.Or you can get cable,they will send the HD signal thur their cable system to a digital cable box which you connect with either dvi,hdmi,or component video cables.

If you get sat service you will need a HD sat reciever.

With cable or sat you can also watch regular channels with the dvi,hdmi,or component video cables.

PEARL
New User

Oct 18, 2005, 12:32 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] ? ABOUT HIGH DEF [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your answer, lets forget about the OVA stuff, having HD box, tv and using hdmi cables i still need to subscribe to HD channels correct to get HD???

this whole thing started because my freind thinks he is running full HD just by using the suff stated above but not subscribing to HD channels

i thought you still need tio HD channels to come in, or will the HD box convert regular to HD, because if thats the case why do people subscribe and pay extra to all the these Hd channels

thanks again

TANK1
Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2005, 12:37 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2698 views)
Shortcut

Some cable companies give your local channels in HD ( Nbc,CBS,ABC,FOX etc) for free and some charge.I assume you have cable?

The other HD channels are usually included in a HD package.Which channels are avaiable depend on your cable company.Most offer ESPN HD ESPN2 HD,HD NET etc.

PEARL
New User

Oct 19, 2005, 12:42 AM

Post #5 of 6 (2692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] ? ABOUT HIGH DEF [In reply to] Can't Post

i have sat, but you didnt answer my ?

without the HD channels coming to tv you do not have HD correct??? even if you have HD box and HD tv set, my freind thinks the box converts everything to HD he is wrong right????? you need to have HD channels coming to TV right?????

thanks

TANK1
Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2005, 12:38 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2688 views)
Shortcut

Yes only HD channels can be shown in HD,all other channels are not being changed to HD.

There is a limited number of Hd channels on each sat service.

Hope this answers your question

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)