Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
screen replacement???

yas2pt0
New User

Aug 4, 2005, 1:12 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3495 views)
Shortcut
screen replacement??? Can't Post

All 3 screens of my Sony KP46WT510 rear projection HDTV needs to be replaced. I can order the screens from Tritronics.

Do I need anything else for installation (parts, special tools)?

Can a regular joe like me do the installation or does a professional technician need to do it?

your tips, advice, or instructions will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 26, 2005, 5:53 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yas2pt0] screen replacement??? [In reply to] Can't Post

if I tell you what to do! will you fly a jet SOLO without training?

hatetechnosnobs
New User

Sep 16, 2005, 10:07 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] screen replacement??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Another remark like this and we'll all be convinced once and for all that you are a TechnoSnob!Wink

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 16, 2005, 3:20 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hatetechnosnobs] screen replacement??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Obviously the guy don't have any idea!...DIAGNOSIS WRONG! there's no such thing as to replace 3 screens of rear projection. All Im saying is: tell the symtoms. It may not the way you think it is.

It's like: you're convincing the GUY to audition for AMERICAN IDOL. while >YOU! knowing HE CAN'T SING!....And he's willing to try otherwise!.

denonjapan

made in japan

Bursma
User

Sep 16, 2005, 5:34 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] screen replacement??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, there are some manufactures that instead of selling the screen as just one piece sell 3 different screens: the inner, the outer and the shield/protective cover. What he's saying is he needs all three, but I would have no idea where you find those for Sony.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 19, 2005, 1:47 AM

Post #6 of 6 (3394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bursma] screen replacement??? [In reply to] Can't Post

its' unwise to spend on something when the whole unit is currently in market for over $1000's. when you try it otherwise, you will spend more than getting a new one!. Screens is no easy to deal with, especially Were talking about HD projection here....of course! You can get it from SONY!..Other manufacturer's are using same exact screen as well, except Part no: varries.

there are no special tools to dismantle the whole unit. But it requires 2 individual to do the whole process. Simple tools: Rubber gloves ( for screens) Phillips screw driver is a must!...........

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)