Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
the setup

longhorns
New User

Jun 13, 2006, 1:42 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2173 views)
Shortcut
the setup Can't Post

ok this may be asking a LOT, but pleaaase help out a retard lol. i am planning on purchasing a "hd ready" tv, and i have basic cable and i know i need to upgrade to digital to get the best out of it, but WHAT EXACTLY DO I NEEED?!?!?!?! there are so many different things out there, i was just wondering if someone could give me the real low down on what it is i need?!? please help a poor technologically iliterate man.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 13, 2006, 3:05 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2171 views)
Shortcut
Re: [longhorns] the setup [In reply to] Can't Post

hey don't beat up yourself there! You maybe Illiterate in this subject but when you are able ($$$) when price is no object, that's a good thing!..Wink I would rather be on your shoes instead. All you need is unlimited purchasing power! Ask top of the lines and choose it from there! You don't need me or anyone.
what do you mean by "real low down that you need"?
denonjapan
made in japan

TANK1
Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2006, 1:07 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [longhorns] the setup [In reply to] Can't Post

You get HD from a cable in two ways.
If your set is "cable card ready" and your cable company uses a cable card then this an option.
A cable card is just a cable card (size of a credit card ) that is inserted into your HD ready set.
The other way is...
Most people get a HD cable box from the cable company and connect to the set.It is connected with a HDMI cable or older boxes use DVI cables.Or a DVI to HDMI cable if needed.Pictures of cables here.
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/dvi/index.htm

If you have a surround sound receiver ( A/V receiver) you just connect with a toslink cable from the cable box to A/V receiver for sound only.Picture of cable-
http://www.partsexpress.com/...p;Partnumber=180-948

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)