what tv to buy and when

linux44
New User

Dec 1, 2009, 1:54 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1131 views)
Shortcut
what tv to buy and when Can't Post

Hi ,
I am planning to buy a TV and still can not make my descision about whether to buy plasma or LCD or the latest technology LED.
I mainly want the TV to play games on it ,XBOX,Pc and …. And maybe from time to time watch TV and Blue ray but it will be mainly for game.
What I have found so far is that Plasma has a much better quality than LCD for gamming but it comes with its disadvantage such as :
Screen burn in (is that a big concern for gaming ?)
Life time .
The movement of the device ,I heard that If you move (in transport from one city to another) the gas bulb can run away and I end up with … Plasma TV
But on the other side the advantage of Plasma is that :
High refresh rate ,Fast time response 0.01 ,better contrast and so on

So my questions are :
when is a best time to buy ?now or after christmas ?this LG time seems to have a massive discount on it ,does it mean it will be sold out and out of stock on jan 2010 so i wont get a chance to buy it then for a better price?
Is plasma burn in a real issue ,is it permanent ?does extended warranty covers that ?
Is there a problem with transporting the TV? To clarify the question ,if I buy the TV and later on I moved my home ,would it be possible to put the TV on back of my car on a flat surface not vertical ?
What is the best brand to buy(LG ,panasonic ,Samsung ),
Is LG any reliable ?
I am thinking of buying LG 50ps3000
The link to it :
http://www.dixons.co.uk/...p;Affiliate_ID=59282

And my last 2 least important question is ,
What is a different between static and dynamic contrast ?is it like static and shared graphic card where 128 static graphic card ram = 512 or maybe 1 gb shared graphic card?
How important the refresh rate is ?is it not alr8 to buy a TV with 50hz ?
Btw The LG has a refresh rate of 600hz
Tnx in advance

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)