which 37 inch wide screen TV?

buddy13
New User

Sep 9, 2010, 5:40 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1561 views)
Shortcut
which 37 inch wide screen TV? Can't Post

Hi guys my first post here Smile

I am in the market for a flat 37" wide screen TV. I just need it to connect a high def DVD player and a satellite receiver. I am looking at both LCD's and LED's. What is the main difference (perfromance wise) between the two. Is it worth the extra paying for an LED TV in my case?

Also can you suggest 3 good models...to date I saw Sony and Toshiba. I think I like the Sony better, seemed crisper to me in the shop. But maybe it could be due to settings...

Thanks in advance for any replies!

JohnRocks
User

Sep 20, 2010, 12:15 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buddy13] which 37 inch wide screen TV? [In reply to] Can't Post

LED TV is just an LCD TV that uses a LED backlight instead of a fluorescent one. This helps alleviate the problem of poor color fidelity that LCD's suffer from, but does little to help poor black levels, response time, and viewing angles.
LED televisions are about 50% more than an LCD tv.
When comparing LED TVs and traditional LCDs in the same size the LED backlit model will be more expensive due to the higher cost of the LED lighting system.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rackmount LCD Monitor
USB KVM

cgodek
New User

Sep 23, 2010, 1:27 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buddy13] which 37 inch wide screen TV? [In reply to] Can't Post

I would suggest going with an LCD over an LED in 37". Price is right for 1080p LCD which will suit you perfectly based on what you are connecting to it (assuming blu-ray player) for watching movies, and you'll have great picture quality. Some other suggestions besides what you've looked at already would be the Panasonic 37" TCL37U22 or LG 37LD450. Both are around $549-$600. However, if I were you I would wait until Nov-Dec time frame when I'm sure aggressive 40" LCD pricing will force 37" pricing down to remain competitive. Hope that helps!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)