Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
32 Inch VIZIO LCD HDTV

fonsaceme21
New User

Dec 20, 2007, 6:07 PM

Post #1 of 15 (6484 views)
Shortcut
32 Inch VIZIO LCD HDTV Can't Post

Hey guys. For Christmas, I was planning on buying a 32 inch LCD HDTV VIZIO, mainly because the TV is in my price range ($400-$600). I was wondering what u guys think about the Vizio and if I should get something else instead. Thanks for your help.

techchris
Veteran

Dec 20, 2007, 9:50 PM

Post #2 of 15 (6480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fonsaceme21] 32 Inch VIZIO LCD HDTV [In reply to] Can't Post

ok as long as you dont ever need to get it repaired,otherwise stick with panasonic

fonsaceme21
New User

Dec 21, 2007, 7:15 PM

Post #3 of 15 (6474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] 32 Inch VIZIO LCD HDTV [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a Playstation 3 that I currently play on a really crappy TV. I found a 30 inch Samsung "slim fit" at Best Buy that has 1080i broadcasting. It costs $475. Is this a good buy for my price range ($400 - $600)?

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 21, 2007, 10:51 PM

Post #4 of 15 (6470 views)
Shortcut

Till you have misconceptions on brands and prices, I suggest do nothing about it. You're freaking me out how you value yourself over $400-$600 while you didn't hesitate of same price ranges when you bought your playstation 3. This is supposed to be entertaining for you?...No one can honestly address your question if this is a good buy for you since, no one awares of your lifestyle. how much you make, what are your priorities, before anybody may suggest something that will overstep your boundaries. All I'm saying is: if you can afford a playstation 3. Price ranges shouldn't interfere in choosing a monitor. You must set your maximum not looking down over visio's offerings. I think, you can do better than that! if not, return the playstation 3 for Wii, and go ahead for visio.

denonjapan
made in japan

fonsaceme21
New User

Dec 22, 2007, 12:46 AM

Post #5 of 15 (6467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] 32 Inch VIZIO LCD HDTV [In reply to] Can't Post

WTF are u talking about. What does it matter how much I make. I have some spending money and I am looking for a good TV between 4 to 6 hundred dollars. I want recommendations. I'm not looking 2 spend more than 600. AND I'm not gonna trade in my PS3 for a freakin Wii. R u kidding me?! I just want some TV recommendations ranging from 400 - 600 and the size i'm lookin 4 is in be/ 26 inches to 32 inches. Thx 4 any GOOD HELP.

Franky
User

Dec 22, 2007, 2:28 AM

Post #6 of 15 (6464 views)
Shortcut

Well if you want a chinese made Vizio go ahead but think that the cheap becomes expensive,

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 22, 2007, 4:43 AM

Post #7 of 15 (6461 views)
Shortcut

Yes indeed, You may have some spending money but with a bracket on how much are you willing to spend doesn't nearly cover on thoughts of anyone when you insist for RECOMMENDATION. if that's the case, You shouldn't come around for advice. till then! learn to mix and match. Put your $600 to some kind a layaway plan and then I will tell you exactly where you shop not some kind a trashy Costco copycats. That's not where I have in mind.

denonjapan
made in japan

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 23, 2007, 5:21 AM

Post #8 of 15 (6451 views)
Shortcut

My company does the work for Sams club and Walmarts across the country.

Vizio has pretty much straightened out it's parts supply problems. For the money they're a pretty good set.

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 23, 2007, 7:56 AM

Post #9 of 15 (6447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] 32 Inch VIZIO LCD HDTV [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you mentioned about walmart and sam'club. Walmart is the leading in sales each year. Their trick was: to get the best deal around ((not necessarily for quality)) in order to continue having low price offerings to their dedicated customers. You must know one thing, Walmart can't function the way it is now if it weren't CHINA. It's all about good bait without necessary need of expensive advertising.
There are SONY and PANASONIC displays inside the stores. However, if you take a close look over their models are the 3rd rate products. None of it is similar anywhere at SONY GALLERY. I'm not saying that SONY GLOBAL has nothing to do with Walmart offerings. While they carry same logo and makes them a profit why not let CHINA produces right? it cost less, the labor is less. therefore, they have every right to call their own price. if it works for walmart business and customers. Everyone is a winner.
Speaking of VISIO, not that I'm aware of. if the company has parts supply problem prior to straightened the issue. While VISIO just popped-up somewhere new to this business. I couldn't imagine how and why to even consider good for anyone? VISIO's price offerings sounds alarming to me. However, to each his own!

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Dec 23, 2007, 7:57 AM)

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 23, 2007, 3:34 PM

Post #10 of 15 (6441 views)
Shortcut

When you consider the huge number of Vizio sets that Sams and Walmart are selling these days, we're not seeing a huge number of failures in this brand. Not too many more than any of the name brands like Toshiba, Sony or Sharp.
Now if you're speaking of another brand that Walmart/Sams club was selling AKAI/Viore/ILO, those are definitely Chinese made junk. Parts, service and technical support are virtually non - existant. The failure rate for those brands is high. The company distributing them, ESI, has recently decided to stop offering warranty on them to Walmart over disputes about high failure rates. Good riddance. Those brands were true Chinese made junk. I would not put Vizio in the same category as those 3.

onetech
User

Dec 24, 2007, 8:02 PM

Post #11 of 15 (6428 views)
Shortcut

The Vizio sets are disposible. If you have any problems after the warranty expires just throw it away and by a new one. Per Vizio on a 42" LCD flat panel the repair cost would be $1,079.00 which includes shipping (yes it needs to be shipped back to Vizio), parts and labor. That is about $20.00 less than the average retail price of a new Vizio. Not such a good deal now.

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 25, 2007, 5:05 PM

Post #12 of 15 (6422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [onetech] 32 Inch VIZIO LCD HDTV [In reply to] Can't Post

My company can and does repair Vizio either in or out of warranty. Unless the problem is an LCD panel, we can get parts and it certainly won't cost $1000 to repair.

onetech
User

Dec 25, 2007, 8:39 PM

Post #13 of 15 (6416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] 32 Inch VIZIO LCD HDTV [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just telling you what Vizio told me. Where is your company located maybe I can send you some business as Vizio doesn't seem to be to interested in doing service..

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 26, 2007, 1:44 AM

Post #14 of 15 (6414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [onetech] 32 Inch VIZIO LCD HDTV [In reply to] Can't Post

My company is called RAC NPS. We have locations across the country. The only time we have any issues getting parts from Vizio is with their 50" Plasma sets. Vizio only makes the main board available. The rest, power supply, Sustain boards, buffer boards, logic board are considered part of the panel and are not available seperately. We have also had some issues with the latest VW series of Vizio's. These are not made by Amtran and Vizio is attempting to solidify a parts stream for these.

DaBear
New User

Jan 12, 2008, 7:23 AM

Post #15 of 15 (6374 views)
Shortcut

Im new to the forum and saw your thread. I have a 42" Vizio and love it. I have had no problems with it at all. Yes; I did buy it at Costco, but I found it had as good a picture as Sony's and Samsung's. It was a toss up to get a Vizio or a Philips 42". But the Philips was $300 more, and I didnt want to spend that much more. Plus since we got it at Costco; we got a 3 year warranty plus the factory warranty.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)