Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
52" Sharp Aquos LCD TV

Bostoncajun74
New User

Sep 18, 2007, 6:37 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3804 views)
Shortcut
52" Sharp Aquos LCD TV Can't Post

I have a cracked screen, at least i think i do. Via my son chucking a remote control at it. OUCH!!!!Mad anywho, the picture is the red, green, and blue lines. Is the screen history or can i replace it.or is it the shield? Please advise.

techchris
Veteran

Sep 18, 2007, 8:03 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bostoncajun74] 52" Sharp Aquos LCD TV [In reply to] Can't Post

the screen and most likely the tv are history.the panel will cost more to replace than buying a new tv.

glistx
New User

Sep 27, 2007, 5:58 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bostoncajun74] 52" Sharp Aquos LCD TV [In reply to] Can't Post

If you consider yourself a handyman, get another broken one off ebay or craigslist without a broken screen and swap them. All of the tv tech guys online will tell you to throw your tv away its not worth but thats because they buy the tvs you throw away and fix them. Theres a huge market for that. $200-$500 and a few hours will get your tv back.

techchris
Veteran

Sep 27, 2007, 8:39 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glistx] 52" Sharp Aquos LCD TV [In reply to] Can't Post

I can assure you I have better things to do with my life than try to fix some junk someone else has dumped.As for e-bay if the tv does not work how do you know if the screen is ok? could be an expensive mistake

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 28, 2007, 3:12 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3749 views)
Shortcut

"If you consider yourself a handyman, get another broken one off ebay or craigslist without a broken screen and swap them. All of the tv tech guys online will tell you to throw your tv away its not worth but thats because they buy the tvs you throw away and fix them. Theres a huge market for that. $200-$500 and a few hours will get your tv back".

glistx! if these are true then why are you seeking for an advice while encouraging others to do same mistake you can't self accomplished? that doesn't make you HANDY?
denonjapan
made in japan

MOtvGuy
User

Sep 29, 2007, 12:43 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3741 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
If you consider yourself a handyman, get another broken one off ebay or craigslist without a broken screen and swap them. All of the tv tech guys online will tell you to throw your tv away its not worth but thats because they buy the tvs you throw away and fix them. Theres a huge market for that. $200-$500 and a few hours will get your tv back.

Oh brother....

If you find any 52" Sharp Aquos on Ebay it's probably there because.....the screen is broken...

Anything else wrong with a set that new would either be replaceable under warranty or cheap enough to repair without tossing a $2K TV into the trash.

get real bud, LCD refurbishing isn't a great deal due to the cost of panels and availability of parts.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)