Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Biggest advantage/disadvantage between Plasma/LCD?

whatdoido
New User

Aug 6, 2009, 2:17 AM

Post #1 of 2 (952 views)
Shortcut
Biggest advantage/disadvantage between Plasma/LCD? Can't Post

I'm looking to buy a flat screen tv (probably between 42"-50"), but I'm not sure if I should go with a plasma or lcd. My plasma just took a crap, and I'm kind of disappointed in the "life" it had. It gave me about 5 years (granted it was on a lot) and now I'm scared that I might have to drop another $1k in a few years if I go with a plasma again. Please help me decide.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 6, 2009, 3:12 AM

Post #2 of 2 (949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [whatdoido] Biggest advantage/disadvantage between Plasma/LCD? [In reply to] Can't Post

5 Years quite long for consumer display to last that long. Know why? You can watch from the plasma a lot and wouldn't change a bit if you let the settings steady. Once you figure out what's best for you like the color, brightness and all, Leave it that way as much as possible.. Having curious with the picture settings like if you keep changing constantly i would say 3 to 4 x a week will shorten the lifespan of the display.....it's still obvious that you're into Plasma. if you do. go for COMMERCIAL Displays and leave consumer plasmas. Panasonic still the best of them all.
However, since your concerned is longevity. I would consider LCD at best. Again, There are commercial and consumer displays. I wont suggest consumer lcd if you watch a lot. Pricewise, no one can help you decide but you what suit your budget. I hate the term "budget" cause in the end, I couldnt bear seeing anyone would come back for advice what went wrong, when they been told, but went the other way.
denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)