Blue "glow" in bottom left corner

fordse
New User

Jun 21, 2008, 3:24 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1833 views)
Shortcut
Blue "glow" in bottom left corner Can't Post

Hi everyone,
I have a Sony KDF-55XS955 LCD HD Projection TV. I've had it for about three years. This past week, it developed a small, blue "glow" in the lower left corner. Any idea what this is?

Thank you!!

GET PAID TO DRIVE YOUR CAR, wear T-shirts, and more! Earn money effortlessly while you go about your day! It’s fun, easy, and no experience is necessary!
http://www.eyeearn.com/8975823

zip
User

Jun 22, 2008, 2:00 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fordse] Blue "glow" in bottom left corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Sony has a on going problem with this set, it's your light engine, but they have extended the warranty on all these tv's to cover this issue.It's allways shows up as a blue tint or hailow, so hurry and get it to an sony service center and it should be taken care of. It's a very costly part!

chacam
New User

Mar 16, 2009, 4:51 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zip] Blue "glow" in bottom left corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Can anyone be more specific about this problem? We have a KDF-42WE655 that has the same problem. Set is about 3 years old and gets very little use.

Thanks

techchris
Veteran

Mar 16, 2009, 8:37 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chacam] Blue "glow" in bottom left corner [In reply to] Can't Post

the light engine is faulty. be prepared to take a second mortgage to pay for the repair unless you can persuade Sony to replace it FOC.

rustym62
New User

Apr 5, 2009, 1:45 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chacam] Blue "glow" in bottom left corner [In reply to] Can't Post

I work on these TVs call Sony to make sure it is still covered under their extended warranty (not sure when the clock runs out) they will pay for parts AND labor if it is and they can even help set up a service call with a 3rd party to have it worked on in your home if they can't/won't do it themselves. Cool
Rusty

http://www.the-tv-dude.blogspot.com

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)