Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Connecting to TV

Leppert
New User

Jul 17, 2008, 1:44 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1418 views)
Shortcut
Connecting to TV Can't Post

I am looking at buying a Vizio LCD tv, it has 2 hdmi inputs, pair of component video inputs, pc style vga inputs, a/v inputs (composite and s video) and I am looking to connect it to a computer to double as a computer monitor. In my computer I have a Radeon x700 video card.
There is a dvi i dual link jack on the video card but I'm worried that my card being 3.5 years old will not be able to give me the quality picture. My experience with flat panel tv's is limited at best so if I said something stupid just now, please cut me some slack. If anyone knows about this or has connected a computer to a tv and has advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

(This post was edited by Leppert on Jul 17, 2008, 10:55 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 3, 2008, 12:04 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leppert] Connecting to TV [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't see no DVI input in the tv you're going to buy but you have DVI dual link jack on your PC video card. You can upconvert the DVI from your pc video card with an adaptor or converting cable to be inputed to the tv's HDMI.
Pls be aware when you complete this connections, Everything should be good to go, you might say? unfortunately not quite> NO!....having a double monitor doesn't work on it's own. Im not sure about VISIO television if it can automatically detects signal without having to change the tv set-up. Plus completing this process, should you learn tweaking your video cards info thru your computer, how the switching process of working 2 displays, one, both or vice versa, changing and matching the resolutions of the display. it all depends the performance of your current video card.
denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)