Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
DARK PICTURE

JANEVANS02
New User

Apr 8, 2014, 10:38 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1748 views)
Shortcut
DARK PICTURE Can't Post

Bought a Celcus [Sainsburys] 19 flat screen TV for kitchen, TV placed on shelf above work surface as this is best place to view whilst I am working in kitchen great picture until I sit down then when programme shows scene in dark room or of people in slightly darker surroundings I cannot see a thing unless I stand up.

I now need a new TV for my conservatory so wondered if about buying a different one for kitchen and swopping them but not sure what to buy.

Any advice much appreciated.

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 9, 2014, 12:33 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JANEVANS02] DARK PICTURE [In reply to] Can't Post

Viewing angle

All flat-panel TVs have a great picture when you're sitting directly in front of the screen. But if your eyes aren't centered on the screen — you're viewing from off to one side, standing up, or lying on the floor — you may notice that the picture looks less bright and vivid, and you might see slight changes in color.

Viewing angle limitations are more of an issue for LED-LCD TVs than for plasmas. All LCDs use a backlight, and the LCD pixels act like shutters, opening and closing to let light through or block it. This shutter effect causes increasing variations in picture brightness as viewers move further off axis.

A (CRT or) plasma TV might be for you if:
You or others will be sitting off-axis when watching TV or movies.

-------------------------

JANEVANS02
New User

Apr 9, 2014, 9:15 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] DARK PICTURE [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your quick reply, I have googled plasma but sadly they do not make 20 inch anymore and bigger than that will not fit my shelf, guess I will have to continue getting up and down when scene is darker Mad

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)