Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
External Amplified Speakers

dramadery
New User

Jan 1, 2009, 11:29 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3793 views)
Shortcut
External Amplified Speakers Can't Post

I've seen posts with people having problems getting any sound from external speakers. I'm having the exact opposite problem. When I hook up my powered studio speakers, the volume comes out full blast with no apparent way to adjust the volume down. I have tried on a couple of different lcd tvs with the same outcome. Is there some universal setting within a tv's setup I'm missing? Do I need to run my speakers through a receiver first to cool down the signal? <br>

(This post was edited by dramadery on Jan 2, 2009, 12:23 AM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 2, 2009, 5:18 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dramadery] External Amplified Speakers [In reply to] Can't Post

No MY DEAR! When you connect anything from the tv speaker output whether it's 5 to 10 watts is high enough to accompany by another powered speakers. Especially if it's an external powered speakers. what you need to do is convert the signal output from the TV wattage into volts. Run to any BANG & OLUFSEN store and surely they will have these capacitors ready for only $30.00 for both channels. All you got to do is extend the wiring.
denonjapan
made in japan

dramadery
New User

Jan 4, 2009, 2:04 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] External Amplified Speakers [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the response. I will do that.

thepinkrobot
New User

Jan 26, 2009, 2:14 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dramadery] External Amplified Speakers [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm having the exact same problem. is there any other way around getting one of those and if so, is there going to be a way to adjust the volume at all?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)