Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
HDMI price gap

steeleri64
New User

Nov 1, 2009, 6:05 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1078 views)
Shortcut
HDMI price gap Can't Post

Help needed. I recently purchased an LCD 46" flat screen. I also purchased an upconverter and a yamaha sound system. The salesman told me I needed 3 HDMI cables to properly connect these items. Does anyone know if this is correct or is the HDMI cable only needed for the TV? The reason I ask is the price of the cables is so expensive and I have seen them listed online for literally 90% less. IF these cables are needed I certainly will purchase the less expensive ones. Any info would be great!

techchris
Veteran

Nov 1, 2009, 10:56 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steeleri64] HDMI price gap [In reply to] Can't Post

you can buy hdmi cables on Amazon for a few pounds or dollars. Don't be fooled by greedy salesmen who tell you that you need to spend 100 or more on each cable. wire is wire whatever colour the plastic covering is. You need one to connect each external unit to the tv. if the sound system has digital audio connections then use them for audio

TVGuy25
New User

Nov 17, 2009, 3:37 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] HDMI price gap [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah definitely! Some places have crazy over priced HDMI cables! Paying $100 or more is ridiculous. You're better off buying them at a place like http://www.cheapforme.com for way less than $100 dollars and they have tons of different lengths and brands to choose from. Actually I'll go on the site right now and give whoever the link if they're interested... http://www.cheapforme.com/...sort/pd/products_id/ ok and yeah they have almost 300 different HDMI cables and they start under $3.00 and the second cheapest pair is 92% off then 70% off. So like we said, $100 is wayyy too much! If you have a $20,000 entertainment system then sure, pay $100 for a set of HDMI cables if you have that kind of money hahah (good for you)!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)