Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Help! ASUS 22" LCD Monitor MW221 with dim backlight after long use

Wildwind
New User

Jan 7, 2013, 10:13 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1863 views)
Shortcut
Help! ASUS 22" LCD Monitor MW221 with dim backlight after long use Can't Post

Hi All, I have a 22" Asus LCD monitor (CCFL) model which blanks out or dim back light after long use. After cycle the power the back light came back for a while and blank out again. I have the schematics and replaced all the Electrolytic caps on the power/inverter board but still have the same blanking issue. Is it the transformers or the lamps or the something else? Thanks.

Ifixeverything
New User

Feb 28, 2013, 9:07 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wildwind] Help! ASUS 22" LCD Monitor MW221 with dim backlight after long use [In reply to] Can't Post

Does the light and dimming occur uniformly?

Have you checked the capacitors on the inverter board? Is any part getting noticeably warmer than the others? Sometimes a part that overheats will cause poor solder joints to separate and break connection...

--------------
TV repair hobbyist, former robotics technician by trade.

Wildwind
New User

Feb 28, 2013, 10:40 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1786 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ifixeverything] Help! ASUS 22" LCD Monitor MW221 with dim backlight after long use [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your reply. I replaced the caps on the inverter board and still had the same symptom. I then finally replaced the inverter board with a second hand one and that fixed the problem. I suspect it was the switch mode PS controller chip but have not tested it. Cheers.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)