Help Required

TrueRed
New User

Nov 14, 2008, 10:14 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1600 views)
Shortcut
Help Required Can't Post

Guys/Mods/All Senior Members,
This is a desperate plea, I have exhausted all forums on the net, and no-one seems to be able to crack my problem. I am a uneducated when it comes to tv technology and other issues related o gadgets, so please do help me out...,,I am based out of India
My problem is as follows:-
1) I have a Sony PS2 which I have been using for the past 2 years. All the game DVD's I buy are original and none of them are off the shelf pirated verisons.
2) I was using a SONY wega tv for the last two years and my recently purchased FIFA 2009 game dvd has fine display and color images on this tv.
3) 2 weeks back I purchased a brand new Sony bravia LCD TV 37 INCHES. With an advanced equipment like that at my disposal I was hoping to have a blast playing my FIFA 2009 . To my utter dismay, the display when I start FIFA 2009 on this new LCD tv is black and white. It just won't give me color.
4) My game DVD has PAL written on the cover, hence I am assuming that the DVD is PAL technology. I don't know about the PS2 console. The TV color system in India though is also PAL(I researched on the net). Which means that really there should be no compatability issue.
5) Also considering that this state of the art brand new technology TV, I really dont see why it should give me black and white. The weird thing is that on my old sony wega it gives perfect color. This factor makes me feel that something is wrong with the TV.
6) All the other DVD's I play display color perfectly. It's only this game that won't work, and as fate would have it, this is the game I want to play the most. It's almost like GOD is against me.

Any help guys, any advice, some kind of a guidance would be really appreciated. Thanks and Cheers

Regards, A distressed soul

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 14, 2008, 2:34 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TrueRed] Help Required [In reply to] Can't Post

Distressed soul> There are two factors of your questions related to the improper adjustments you need to make. 1st is from your no:2 question you said " it was okay on SONY WEGA" > The PS2 might have connected it to the S-VIDEO input of the tv. Now that you have a BRAVIA LCD, You need to have the component cable for it. I'ts an optional accessories sold for playstation looks like this:

http://img.game.co.uk/images/gameware/ps2componentvideocable.gif
You must remember that this is not a plug-n-play, after connections. The first thing you should do when you have this connection settled towards the bravia lcd is going to your PS2 onscreen MENU and set the console to progressive mode. You may also change resolutions suited best to your screen.
denonjapan
made in japan

TrueRed
New User

Nov 14, 2008, 3:03 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Help Required [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks buddy, I have read some of your earlier posts and you seem to have a wealth of knowledge on this subject. I have a couple of questions more, this is just for my knowledge, I dont want to go around asking questions in the future and want to tackle such issues on my own,,,
1) What makes the bravia lcd unique due to which this other cable needs to be bought?Or is it a feature on all LCD's?
2) In the earlier version I had a three input pins to the tv. and the output from the playstations. What's that cable called?
3) I am assuming that this cable is called the ps2componentvideo cable? Please correct me if I am wrong?
Awaiting your kind response mate,,,thanks a million ton mate,,

TrueRed
New User

Nov 14, 2008, 3:30 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1588 views)
Shortcut

sorry mate another question,
if just buying this cable will solve my problem does it mean really it was nothing to do with PAL and NTSC also in that case, how come the other games show me color....

sorry mate I am just curious from a learning perspective,,,,and also to understand the problem in greater depth....

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 14, 2008, 3:36 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1586 views)
Shortcut

your no:1 question: what makes it unique? Nothing special except, you are now using a high definition displays which you can't obtain same settings from PS2 when connected to the WEGA.
your no:2 If you're referring the 3 input of WEGA tv are called COMPOSITE RCA which is red, white and yellow. the output of the playstation is HDMI MULTI OUT.
your no:3: YES it's PS2 COMPONENT CABLE.
denonjapan
made in japan

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 14, 2008, 4:05 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1583 views)
Shortcut

From your other questions:
if just buying the cable I would say, you got nothing to loose. Otherwise, you will be surprize with your viewing experience.

With the case of PAL and NTSC issue has nothing to do with it cause for ONE thing!> there is a picture. it's like your PS2 is able to project the signal but having the LCD being high resoluted with the signal, you are downconverting it with the unsupported cable. therefore, you have to have the PS2component cable.

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Nov 14, 2008, 4:09 PM)

TrueRed
New User

Nov 14, 2008, 4:26 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1580 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Help Required [In reply to] Can't Post

mate after a 100 posts in different forums , I finally found someone who at least gave me a resemblance of a hope.
Let me check this out tomorrow and will then let you know...Thanks buddy

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 15, 2008, 6:14 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1566 views)
Shortcut

This resemblance of hope you quote is just the beginning, reason Im imposing the use of PS2 COMPONENT cable that holding your skepticsm for LOOONGGGG time as I read your post elsewhere and when you done that, I am expecting you to come back because the way I see it, I can't address 2 issues at one time unless you understood the cause. I want you to understand not just the cause, but understanding to> walk to walk with the process.
The resolutions I am directing you right now is the fact that You had a PAL game that you stated very well that you played most in your previous wega. Now, with the new LCD!. Neither of those is the problem, neither of those, are opt your best interest to return. But Im pretty sure there's one last thing. if you're neither satisfied or unsatisfied with the new PS2 component cable, don't fault it to be unreasonable. keep that! I am all ears.
denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)