Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
High pitch noise from tv

jm2080
New User

Aug 28, 2013, 2:09 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1795 views)
Shortcut
High pitch noise from tv Can't Post

I have a JVC LT-42-P510, that is out of warranty, that I bought with the issue present, thinking I could tune it out, but now I cant anymore. It makes a high pitch screeching sound when on stand by, when I unplug the power supply, and push the power button on the tv, the sound changes, as it gets more screechier, then slows to a stop. When the TV is on, the sound seems to get to a humming sound. I have already tried super gluing the coils down and that didnt seem to help. I have poked around on certain things with a toilet paper roll, and sound didnt really change when I apply pressure to certain areas. I have tried listening through a home made funnel of thick paper, and I think I have located the sound from coming from what I think is the flyback transformer. When pushing down on it on a corner, the sound changes when the TV is on, but it is still a hum. Pressing it with the TV on stand by, doesnt make a difference in sound. I have unplugged the cord from the power panel from the video board, and the sound goes away when plugged in. Im not sure why I did this, but I then completly covered that cord with electrical tape, that didnt make a difference, the tape has since been removed. I have also unplugged the speakers and tried it just to make sure, the sound still persists. It was originally plugged into a surge protector, I have also tested it on an extension cord and directly into the outlet for good measure, no luck. I am in my early 20s and live by myself, so am not sure if older people or dogs can hear it or not. I am open to any sort of reasonable troubleshooting you might have to offer. I am going to try and post pictures but am not sure if itll work. I do not want to pay to get it fixed, I would rather fix it myself.
Also quick question, I know the transformer holds a lot of charge, but is that even if the tv is unplugged for a while?

looks like the image didnt work, but you can PM me and I can attach them

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 28, 2013, 3:27 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jm2080] High pitch noise from tv [In reply to] Can't Post

LCD do not have flyback.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)