Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
How can a dying TV affect other electronics in the house?

LEOcab
New User

Jul 3, 2014, 11:56 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1391 views)
Shortcut
How can a dying TV affect other electronics in the house? Can't Post

I made a thread on here a few weeks ago about a broken TV. We went back and forth and I ended up buying a new power supply board. When I tried to replace it, something strange happened. Basically I just heard buzzing noises and then smoke came out the back of the TV.

That part isn't surprising since I'm just a guy who knows how to use a screwdriver. The really messed up part is when I turned around, my computer monitor (on the other side of the room, FAR away from where I was working) was showing a distorted image. It was brighter than usual and it looked weird, eg. it looked as if every other horizontal line of pixels was missing from the display.

I restarted the monitor and now it looks normal except for this thick line of brightness going vertically in the center of the screen. You can only really see it when the image is dark.

So I'm wondering. Is there any way that me frying a Polaroid TV by trying to replace its power supply board mess up with a Compaq monitor in the other side of the room? Radiation or something maybe? This is weird. This monitor had never given me any trouble, it's a Compaq WF1907 which is a model known for its durability. ;-;

I'm scared.

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 4, 2014, 12:55 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LEOcab] How can a dying TV affect other electronics in the house? [In reply to] Can't Post

Time to try a different 'hobby.'Angelic

-------------------------

flyatyou66
User

Jul 4, 2014, 3:48 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] How can a dying TV affect other electronics in the house? [In reply to] Can't Post

If your computor was on the same circuit, the short inside of the tv caused a spike or short to your computor.Now you have another power board supply problem.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)