Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
I need help..please with my LCD>>anyone

krauser1980
New User

Feb 6, 2007, 6:56 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2125 views)
Shortcut
I need help..please with my LCD>>anyone Can't Post

Ok. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i was having with my tv set. It's an Insignia IS-LCD TV 32. Just recently, the tv started having problems while playing anything through the components. Anything that i use through the YPbPr connections, whether it be my dvd player..or a videogame cosole, after a short period of time, the screen begins to distort. It keeps getting worse, until a couple seconds later it turns off. The only thing that remedies the problem is turning the tv off for about 20 seconds. Then the picture is back to normal. But at this point, the screen distorts again in a shorter amount of time. What do you think the problem is? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

(This post was edited by krauser1980 on Feb 6, 2007, 7:00 PM)

techchris
Veteran

Feb 6, 2007, 8:51 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [krauser1980] I need help..please with my LCD>>anyone [In reply to] Can't Post

this may be a corrupted nvm or something on the control pcb.the problem with budget range stuff is getting spares for them.good luck

krauser1980
New User

Feb 7, 2007, 8:46 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] I need help..please with my LCD>>anyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello..thanx for the response techris. i have another question. what exactly is the nvm that might be corrupted...or the control pcb? also..if it is one of these things..is it an easy fix..or is it gonna be an expensive one? is there a possibility for me to fix it myself?? what do u think???

techchris
Veteran

Feb 7, 2007, 10:42 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [krauser1980] I need help..please with my LCD>>anyone [In reply to] Can't Post

nvm is non volatile memory and is the chip in the tv which holds all memory settings.if the info is corrupted or missing somehow,then something wont work on the tv.the control panel holds all the parts that drive or control various parts in the tv. next problem is that there is no such thing as a cheap repair on plasma or LCD.First move is to contact the store that sold it and see if there are any parts available and who can give you a correct diagnosis(I bet they cant tell you) as I said previously lots of these tv's have no spares available for them so its off to the landfill site. good luck

MOtvGuy
User

Mar 3, 2007, 1:39 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] I need help..please with my LCD>>anyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Insignia's are Best Buys house brand. Only Best Buy has any access to parts for these things and as someone who previously worked in their service Dept., they have no access to parts for the LCD's.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)