Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
I'm losing my shirt on this westinghouse!

Dan M
New User

Jan 5, 2010, 3:33 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1470 views)
Shortcut
I'm losing my shirt on this westinghouse! Can't Post

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a broken 42'' westinghouse lcd for 300 dollars. It had a solid amber light, and I thought this was fixable via the firmware flash. woe is me. The original symptoms besides the constant amber light included a smell of fried electronics near the power supply area and a constant electrical clicking when the power button was depressed. This led me to believe that since it wasn't fixable from a firmware flash that it must be a power issue. I purchased a replacement power supply for $100 with shipping and installed the new part. Interestingly enough the symptoms have reversed. The electrical clicking now starts the second you provide power to the motherboard. It stops when you depress power button. The amber light is still constant, i am unable to flash the firmware still.This leads me to believe that either this second psu is also bad, or my motherboard is faulty. I am going to have multimeter readings tomorrow. . .

Please help. I don't want to have to drop another $100 in parts. Thank you.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2010, 3:45 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dan M] I'm losing my shirt on this westinghouse! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Dan (nice name) can you provide us with a model number for your set? -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Dan M
New User

Jan 7, 2010, 3:50 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] I'm losing my shirt on this westinghouse! [In reply to] Can't Post

TX-42F430S

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)