Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Is this a good tv?

sirwebbz
New User

Feb 25, 2008, 12:57 AM

Post #1 of 17 (4157 views)
Shortcut
Is this a good tv? Can't Post

Has anyone that this is a good tv? It is a Sony 52" Bravia W-Series LCD HDTV KDL52W3000. I just wanna know if anyone has heard of this or if it is a good tv? Thanks

sirwebbz
New User

Feb 29, 2008, 5:16 AM

Post #2 of 17 (4133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sirwebbz] Is this a good tv? [In reply to] Can't Post

or is any of these two good? A sony bravia 46" kdl-46vl130 or a sony bravia 52" kdl-wl130? If so which one is better? Thanks

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 4, 2008, 7:00 AM

Post #3 of 17 (4070 views)
Shortcut

ALL this time of your shopping? I don't think there's ever good enough for you. if you haven't thought the word "TRY". AND Dont waste anymore time.

denonjapan
made in japan

sirwebbz
New User

Mar 5, 2008, 4:05 AM

Post #4 of 17 (4060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Is this a good tv? [In reply to] Can't Post

Waste my time doing what? Making sure I spend $3000 on the right thing I dont think its everyday that you spend this amout of money on a tv. It's not like you buy a tv that often. I just wanna make sure I get the right thing.

techchris
Veteran

Mar 5, 2008, 3:33 PM

Post #5 of 17 (4053 views)
Shortcut

3K on a tv??? it wont last much longer than something half that price. 2-3 years if you are lucky.take it from someone who has been in the trade for longer than I care to remember.

sirwebbz
New User

Mar 5, 2008, 9:22 PM

Post #6 of 17 (4047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Is this a good tv? [In reply to] Can't Post

so a 3000k tv will only last 2-3 years. Why would anyone spend that amout in a tv like that then?

techchris
Veteran

Mar 5, 2008, 10:37 PM

Post #7 of 17 (4043 views)
Shortcut

because they dont know any better or have more money than sense

Franky
User

Mar 6, 2008, 2:45 AM

Post #8 of 17 (4040 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Waste my time doing what? Making sure I spend $3000 on the right thing I dont think its everyday that you spend this amout of money on a tv. It's not like you buy a tv that often. I just wanna make sure I get the right thing.

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 6, 2008, 5:22 AM

Post #9 of 17 (4036 views)
Shortcut

I'm quite touched that you have exquisite taste in electronics. This is not very often discussion among individual here except, warns me about you, who could potentially infuence by poor ending of choice due to price concerns. I must admit that most of whom I encountered are victims and uneducated, lack of understanding, by all means> no degree of freedom. There are lots here who obviously living in a budget BUT having their beliefs of spending less didn't quite satisfy them in the end either. Cause if they are? they woudn't be talking about their BROKEN unit right now. know what I mean? if you could find 46 inch LG or SYLVANIA LCD for $800, why would anyone spend 3k on SONY right? that kind of thing!..........
Well, I'm here telling you, Knowing how enthusiastic you are with your choices. You can't go wrong either way. Choose your path regardless of how you being directed. I'm confident you had the right tool, You just have to DO IT.

denonjapan
made in japan

sirwebbz
New User

Mar 6, 2008, 7:50 PM

Post #10 of 17 (4026 views)
Shortcut

thanks i like what you said about all that. My real story is there is no money out of my pocket because i had a house fire that started in my room and my old tv burt. so now the insurance company buys me a new one regardless of the price. (Well kinda). But if there is any other good tvs for less let me now what they are. Cause i can put the money that i was goin to put towards a 3000k tv back in my pocket. But i do really want a nice tv. Thanks for all your help.

Franky
User

Mar 7, 2008, 12:19 AM

Post #11 of 17 (4020 views)
Shortcut

go with KDL46xbr4 it's the best

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 7, 2008, 1:58 AM

Post #12 of 17 (4015 views)
Shortcut

Well in that case, that's even better!!!!!!...Well forget all Wega's and XBR's. Consider your loss as an upgrade, reward yourself into something most people don't always laid eyes on due to the price lol....... SONY GXD-L52H1 is the bomb. I had it for free, same thing with the limited edition from SHARP LC52SE94U.
Lastly, continue insuring your gadgets, You will never know!!Perhaps one day you will afford a large OLED displays thru your policy....WinkWinkWink

denonjapan
made in japan

sirwebbz
New User

Mar 8, 2008, 7:24 AM

Post #13 of 17 (4000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] Is this a good tv? [In reply to] Can't Post

well which one of these is better a Sony Bravia KDL46xbr4 or the the Sony Bravia kdl v3000? And im pretty sure the 46xbr is better but is it really worth the extra money?

sirwebbz
New User

Mar 9, 2008, 5:03 PM

Post #14 of 17 (3986 views)
Shortcut

IS the price difference from the 46in to the 52in worth the extra money cause the 52 is 2600k and the 46 is 2000k? I dont think that the extra 600 dollars is worth it. So i just wanna hear what you guys think and i sit about 10 feet away from the tv.

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 10, 2008, 7:04 AM

Post #15 of 17 (3980 views)
Shortcut

"the 52 is 2600k and the 46 is 2000k?" Hello! They differ in price cause they differ in size. if you think the extra $600 isn't worth it. then You just answer your question....It doesn't matter what others think ultimately it's your decision. You can sit 10 feet away from 32 to 42 that good. As far as price differences and all, if it doesn't hurt you in any way "why not?".........You have to make it work worthy to you.

denonjapan
made in japan

MOtvGuy
User

Mar 15, 2008, 11:38 PM

Post #16 of 17 (3954 views)
Shortcut

One of the techs in the shop was talking to a Sony tech rep the other day.

The tech rep was saying that the latest Sony LCD's (3000) series have a really nice picture on them but he'd never buy one.

When asked why he stated "Because I know who makes the LCD panels in these things" (Samsung)

Franky
User

Mar 16, 2008, 1:13 AM

Post #17 of 17 (3949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] Is this a good tv? [In reply to] Can't Post

Also very soon Sony will aquire the sharp panels,i don't know if they quit sumsung ones, that's why i don't trust Sony like I use too, Sony is even outsaurcing to China all the Wallmart LCDs are made in china, and most of Best Buy Sony PC's.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)